Vicar of the benefices of Clee and Clee St Aidan's held in Plurality
Thank you for considering the position of Vicar of our three churches: Holy Trinity and St Mary’s, Old Clee; Christ Church, Cleethorpes; and St Aidan’s, Cleethorpes. In our parish profile, we want to show you our church communities and our town, and share with you our hopes for the future and our desire to continue serving God’s people in this place.
Closing Date: 18th May 2018
Interview Date: 18th June 2018
For an informal conversation about this post, please contact the Rural Dean the Reverend Philip Stevens on 01472 753602 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leading the church communities
- Nurturing the different styles of worship and opportunities for mission in each church
- Developing opportunities for mission with occasional offices
- Building relationships with local schools and with the many community organisations which use our buildings
- Enabling and nurturing lay ministry and leadership
- Maximising the potential of our church buildings
- Developing the relationship with other Cleethorpes churches.
The Ideal Candidate
Our parish priest will be someone who…
- enjoys leading worship across a range of different styles
- is committed to involving others in the planning and leadership of worship
- welcomes occasional offices, understands their importance, and invests the necessary time and resources to this ministry
- is an enabler, who can develop and supervise the existing lay ministry team and allow all people to flourish in their discipleship
- is serious about developing their own spiritual life
- has experience of developing good relationships with community organisations
- isn’t afraid to talk about money, who can challenge us in our stewardship and help us fundraise
- appreciates and enjoys working with young people, especially in our uniformed organisations and schools
- is a good listener, preacher and teacher
- is friendly, approachable and values the social life of the churches as part of our mission
The Diocese of Lincoln is the Church of England in Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
The diocese covers 2,673 square miles and has a population of 943,000. There are around 31,000 people on the Church Electoral Rolls. There are more than 220 clergy and lay workers serving 240 benefices with 514 parishes and 630 church buildings.
The diocesan central office is at Edward King House in Lincoln. There is a staff team at Edward King House that works to support the life and ministry of the diocese.
To learn more about us visit: http://www.lincoln.anglican.org/