Vicar Malmesbury and Upper Avon
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this vacancy. We dont yet know who the next Vicar of Malmesbury and Upper Avon will be, but we are confident that God does. As a congregation, we have been seeking Gods guidance individually and collectively about our next incumbent, and we have taken what we believe God has been saying as the basis for our role description and the personal qualities we think the new post holder will need. In the words of our Area Dean, we are a praying, supportive congregation rooted in the Christian faith, with a desire to be missionary. Above all, we believe that we need a strategic leader after Gods own heart to enable us to fulfill His mission for us in this place, at this time. We are a historic church in a historic town, but our desire is to discover and live out Gods purposes for us in the future.
We are blessed to be in an attractive market town, in lovely countryside. We believe this to be a friendly and accepting place where more and more newcomers are finding a home. We have good schools and amenities and a strong sense of community, both in Malmesbury and in Corston and Rodbourne. We believe this is a great place to live.
This is an exciting time in our church life, as the North Wiltshire Mission Area comes into being. As lead incumbent for the Mission Area, you will have an opportunity to shape that mission, in partnership with the other incumbents in the Area, and will play a key role in setting its direction. At the same time you will be helping us to understand what it means to be a resourcing church and how we can harness our own sense of mission within the Mission Area Vision.
We are a group of congregations based in Malmesbury Abbey and three village churches. Over the past decade the Abbey has gained a reputation as a creative and innovative church, truly valuing the best of traditional and contemporary styles of worship and seeking, alongside the village churches, to engage wholeheartedly in the community. Our desire is to build on this and discover and live out Gods purposes for us in the future.
We are seeking a strategic leader after Gods own heart to enable us to fulfil His mission for us in this place, at this time: someone to love us, challenge us and equip us in equal measure. Additionally, as Mission Area Lead Incumbent, you will be key in setting direction and shaping mission in North Wiltshire.
This is a challenging but exciting role. It will need an exceptional and experienced candidate with the ability to shape and communicate a vision, support and encourage others in their ministries, and grow disciples of all ages.
The Ideal Candidate
- Prayerful and Spirit-led, full of faith and expectation that God will change lives and communities
- Forward looking, with the ability to create and sustain a vision
- Empathetic, compassionate and supportive, with good listening skills
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of age groups and diverse communities
- Approachable and accessible
- Diplomatic and sensitive to context
- Confident and energetic, but also humble and open to challenge
- Honest and trustworthy, with unshakeable integrity
- Wise and discerning
- Able to prioritise
- Resilient and enthusiastic
- Quick to see the positives and offer encouragement, humble in desiring to learn from others to grow personally, submit to those in authority and honour others in ministry and leadership
- Collaborative in working with others, promoting teams
- A sense of humour would also be an advantage
- Generous in giving away training, resources and releasing others for the benefit of the Kingdom
- Recognises, respects and enforces boundaries
- Articulate and able to communicate in a wide range of settings
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- Ability to sustain healthy relationships
CPAS is an evangelical patron with involvement in the appointment to 529benefices.www.cpas.org.uk
To view our microsite visithttps://jobs.churchofengland.org/cpas/
If you have any queries contact the patronage team at CPAS John Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Burch email@example.com
The closing date for this postMidnight on 28 January 2018
Interviews and visits 28 February and 1 March