Vicar Leyland St John
St John's is a welcoming and friendly evangelical church with an informal ethos and flexible approach to worship styles. We place a high priority on prayer and take the Bible as the authority for our lives.
St John’s is an evangelical church; we take the Bible as the authority for our lives. We are used to flexible ways of worshipping; the ethos is informal and relaxed and we are not at all stuffy. (Our last Vicar didn’t wear robes) We are a welcoming and friendly church and our congregation is willing to try new things and passionate about reaching out to others with the Good News of Jesus.
We place prayer as a high priority and hold a monthly prayer and soup lunch after the morning service and begin each school term with a week of prayer. We are blessed with a committed core leadership team, including an Associate Minister, two Readers and a full time paid Children’s and Families Worker. This team works well together and is supported by many volunteers who also share in ministry alongside the he PCC. We also benefit from the active ministry of a retired Vicar..
We are looking for a collaborative leader who is also:-
- A sound Bible teacher grounded in prayer
- Keen to actively promote evangelism
- Approachable with a good sense of humour
- Able to develop and sharpen our sense of vision as a church
- Energetic, with the ability to relate to young and old from a variety of backgrounds
- A good listener with a passion for pastoral care
The Ideal Candidate
• Sound Bible teacher whose ministry is grounded in prayer and who is reliant on the Holy Spirit
• Team worker/builder of lay leaders
• Genuinely collaborative – able to lead and work within a team whilst developing leadership gifts in others.
• Has a heart for and actively promotes evangelism
• Pastor/pastoral heart who is a good listener
• Adaptable and willing to try new things
• Good sense of humour
• Approachable/friendly – not high & mighty or formal
• Able to develop and sharpen our sense of vision as a church
• Energetic with the ability to relate to young and old from a variety of backgrounds
• Good communicator - verbal and electronic
• To have real life experience in leadership in the workplace and/or in ministry
• Strategic thinker with the ability to discern
• An encourager
• Passionate about mission – local and worldwide
CPAS is an evangelical patron with involvement in the appointment to 529 benefices. www.cpas.org.uk
To view our microsite visit https://jobs.churchofengland.org/cpas/
If you have any queries contact the patronage team at CPAS John Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Burch email@example.com
The closing date for this post Midnight on 25 June 2018
Interviews and Visits 17th and 18th July