Vicar - Croxteth Park St Cuthbert
We are looking for a priest for this liberal catholic church located in a housing estate in north Liverpool. With the 30th anniversary being celebrated this year, the church seeks someone who can build on their strong foundations while leading them to the future.
The church is at the centre of the community which includes Emmaus Church of England and Catholic Primary School with which it has strong links. The church is rooted in the Eucharistic tradition with a strong supportive team and plenty of activities. They are looking to grow through making new connections and using their existing ones more productively.
The vicar will be housed in a well-appointed vicarage on the estate.
Closing Date: 30th April 2018
Interviews: 19th May 2018
Near to the 500 acre Croxteth Country Park in the suburb of West Derby, St Cuthbert’s has a great deal of local amenities on the estate and in the nearby West Derby village. The parish is well located on the outskirts of the magnificent city of Liverpool as well as being within easy reach of North Wales and the Lake District. So you will easily benefit from all the North West has to offer.
The church seeks to build on its welcoming and inclusive tradition. They offer plenty of activities for all ages. These are conducted from their modern building which is a great asset for both church and community. The church building includes an extensive and attractive garden area which is well used and cared for.
The church has a strong team who intend to surround the new incumbent and offer support, encouragement, opportunities for rest and development as together we seek to build a bigger church making a bigger difference in Croxteth Park and beyond.
The team is looking for a priest who will:
- Enable us to grow in breadth and depth developing a vision for growth
- Create effective pastoral contact following occasional offices and other life events
- Cultivate the gifts of all people in our congregations
- Help us develop ways to engage with the wider community
- Further the deep relationship with Emmaus Primary School
- Find new links between old and young
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have
- A commitment to the liberal catholic tradition
- An ability to lead the church in mission
- An ability to support and encourage use of new technology
- Understanding of a suburban church setting
- A desire to embrace the vision of the Diocesan Bishop
- An ability to guide, support and encourage others on their faith journey
- A warm welcoming approach with a strong sense of humour
For many years we have been working to achieve growth in our diocese. We have used different ways to express this but the aim and direction of travel has remained the same. When Bishop Paul was installed he adopted our growth agenda refreshing it by saying ‘we are asking God for a bigger church so we can make a bigger difference; more people knowing Jesus more justice in the world’ This is how we express our mission. This makes us an exciting, challenging and rewarding place to be. We are innovative, seeking new ways to further God’s mission while respecting cherished traditions. We value our priests and all those working to build a bigger church making a bigger difference offering a high level of accountability with a low level of control. We are committed to equal opportunities and look forward to welcome all to our diocese.