Vicar Christ Church Cockfosters
Christ Church is a vibrant Church, serving the exciting community of Cockfosters. We have an impressive history of numerical and spiritual growth, where there is a significant “can do” attitude within the leadership of the Church, along with a desire to not coast.
The Church building, hall and people all point towards God’s interaction with the local community, and speak loudly of a local church which has, at its root, a missionary zeal for our locality, a desire to offer good and thoughtful teaching and preaching, and a desire to offer a pastoral place of welcome and hospitality.
Clearly, Christ Church has reached an important moment in its ministry, and I believe there to be four main challenges which the new priest will need to address.
Christ Church Cockfosters is a large evangelical church in a pleasant and diverse North London suburb, ER 475. We have an outstanding church school and good links with Oak Hill Theological College.
Our prayer is for a vicar to lead, teach, challenge and care for us. Our church reflects God’s love for the world in the way we live and relate to others. God’s Word, the Bible, is our guide in encountering God and His will for our lives. Our faith, rooted in Christ’s saving work on the cross, transforms and equips us to do His work.
The Ideal Candidate
- A conservative evangelical with deep personal conviction in the Bible’s truth and authority, open to God’s leading through His Spirit.
- A Biblical expository preacher, to preach and teach, faithful to the gospel of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
- A visionary team player to lead and inspire a large staff team.
- A pastor to engage with, support and care for individuals.
- A man of prayer and integrity to teach and lead us in the necessity of prayer.
- An evangelist with a passion to reach out with the gospel to those who don’t yet know Christ.
- A discipler, able to encourage every member to use their God-given gifts.
The PCC has requested, on the grounds of theological conviction that arrangements be made for it in accordance with the House of Bishops’ Declaration on the Ministry of Bishops and Priests.
CPAS is an evangelical patron with involvement in the appointment to 529 benefices. www.cpas.org.uk
To view our microsite visit https://jobs.churchofengland.org/cpas/
If you have any queries contact the patronage team at CPAS John Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Burch email@example.com
The closing date for this post Midnight on 24 January 2018 Interviews and visits 5 &6 March