Transform - St Helens Lead
An ordained local lead is required to develop Transform in St Helens. This is part of a new Resource Church network across the North West of England with visionary plans to reach a new generation of young adults and youth in three strategic towns with hope to plant an additional six congregations in the next five years.
Closing Date: 20th April
Interview Date: 10th May - with tours on the 9th May
Over the last year, a dynamic team has been praying and working together with a vision for revitalising mission across three Deaneries in Liverpool diocese. Our dreams have now come to reality with a very substantial financial investment from the Church Commissioners to allow us to recruit a team of experienced church leaders, worship leaders, youth/children’s workers with strong operations, finance and technology support.
We are now looking for a leader to develop the Transform work in St Helens – working alongside the Team Rector who oversees the local ministry. There is a blueprint of ideas of what Transform hopes to be and we now need to create it on the ground at the heart of our towns such that the vision can become a reality.
- Directly oversee all the new evangelistic work and development of new worship gatherings aimed towards youth and young adults.
- Oversee alpha, missional communities and accountability groups to allow a culture of discipleship to develop.
- Develop leaders and teams of volunteers to allow the movement to grow
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the deaneries and in other denominations taking a full part in the life of the clergy chapter, deanery and local synodical system.
- Engage all members in developing acts of service.
Will be an ordained priest with vision, courage and humility. They will be absolutely focused on directing most of their energy to mission and discipleship. They will be able to identify gifts in others and encourage people to gather around them as they set up new initiatives.
They will have a real heart for evangelism in all its different forms – will be an evangelist themselves, and be able to equip others for effective evangelism which is at the heart of Transform.
They will know how to encourage people to come and join the team in paid and volunteer roles. They will be able to inspire people to develop their different gifts and give of their best.