Pioneer Priest (Transforming Mission) and Priest-in-Charge All Saints, Falmouth
Transforming Mission (TM) is a model for the renewal of Anglican Church life across the Diocese of Truro. This programme seeks to develop a version of Resource Church that learns and borrows from current practice in other dioceses but is tailored to fit the Cornish context. Watch this video to find out more.
This is an exciting opportunity for a priest with a heart for pioneer ministry, a passion for growing Christs church and the ability to share our vision and draw people to it. The Pioneer Priest will lead ministry for TM Falmouth, based at All Saints Church. The Ministry Team includes a Worship Minister and Pioneer Minister to Students (already appointed) and a Children and Families Worker and Operations Manager (yet to be appointed).
- To be the leader of ministry for Transforming Mission Cornwall in Falmouth;
- To hold, develop and communicate the vision and mission of Transforming Mission Cornwall;
- To work with the PCC of All Saints, with leaders of the BMO and with the TMC Ministry Team;
- To build a resource church that can support other churches in the community by:
- leading and growing the current worshipping community of All Saints Church,
- establishing and developing new congregations and groups as appropriate,
- working together with colleagues to promote church growth across the BMO;
- To invest in the development of leaders, lay and ordained;
- To provide line management and supervision for the Ministry Team and build a confident team;
- To be responsible for delivering the objectives of Transforming Mission Cornwall in Falmouth.
(See Information Pack for more details)
The Ideal Candidate
Will have the gifts necessary to lead the building of a thriving Resource Church which nurtures and grows the existing congregation and reaches out to university students and missing generations.
The Diocese of Truro and the Isles of Scilly includes over 300 churches in more than 200 parishes across the whole of Cornwall (plus two in Devon) and the Isles of Scilly, an area of 1,370 square miles.
Theover-arching vision for the Diocese of Truro isto Discover Gods Kingdom and Grow the Church.
We want to encourage others to come and join us in the exciting adventure that God has for us. In Cornwall especially, there are many signs of God at work in the world and there is an imperative on each of us to discover God at work in His world and respond to the signs of the Kingdom.