House for Duty Priest
All Saints is a friendly, attractive and active church at the heart of a delightful agricultural village in the North Cheshire green-belt, mid way between Warrington and Manchester. It has an excellent lay team supporting its daily running. We offer a well-appointed vicarage. The priest will be well supported by the Area Dean and the parishes of Winwick Deanery.
Applications Close - 15th November 2017
Interviews - 6th December 2017
All Saints is a friendly open and welcoming parish with a strong commitment to all ages. In particular through its links with the village primary school it seeks to encourage the active involvement of children within the church in general.
They have been poorly served in recent years in terms of long term priestly provision and have largely coped by being self-organised and relying on retired priests to cover services. This gives the parish lots of strength and resilience, but has meant that the mission of the church hasn’t been able to develop so well.
A new dedicated half time priest will be able to bring much.
In order to connect the parish into the wider Deanery, the Area Dean, The Rev Canon Stephen Grey will be licenced to the parish to provide overall support to the new priest and to help build bridges to the wider Deanery mission.
All Saints are looking for a priest who will:
- develop a mission plan to build on its identity as a village parish church
- build the gifts of the current congregations
- offer a priestly presence at the heart of village life
- minister to the local CofE village school
- connect with local families and local businesses
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will:
- have an innovative and creative approach to new tasks
- be committed to the theological understanding and development of fresh expressions of church and missional communities
- have the capacity to discern, along with others, the needs of the parish within the wider context of Mission Action Planning
- have good time-management and self-organisation skills
The Diocese of Liverpool is an exciting, challenging and rewarding place to be. We serve a wide mix of communities in urban, rural and town parishes. We are innovative, seeking new ways to further God’s mission while respecting cherished traditions. The Diocese of Liverpool strives for equal opportunities in all our appointments.
Please click apply to submit an application for this post. If you have any further enquiries regarding Clergy Vacancies please contact the Appointments Secretary:
email@example.com or phone 0151 705 2178