Diocesan Pioneer Development Officer and Mission Priest
The Diocese of Portsmouth and the parish of Holy Trinity with St Columba, Fareham are seeking to do new things together in equipping the church to grow God's kingdom!
Our diocese is made up of 11,000 or so worshippers in 139 Church of England parishes across south-east Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. It is led by our Bishop, and includes clergy, Readers, retired clergy, chaplains, paid staff and thousands of volunteers who work in our parishes.
Our diocese is also divided into seven deaneries, each of which co-ordinates the mission and ministry of parishes in their area.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
The Diocesan Pioneer Development Officer (0.5 post)
Will work closely with the Bishop and colleagues to enable the diocese's strategic framework live | pray | serve, which encourages the involvement of all in God's mission in the church. This new strategy has seen the creation of new pioneer ministries across the diocese, and around 50 active Fresh Expressions are now attracting around 2200 people to them. A key priority is now encouraging and equipping lay people as they seek to grow new ways of being church.
The Mission Priest - Team Vicar (0.5 post)
We are looking for a mission minded priest and gifted evangelist to help us connect better with our community and develop our own spirituality. We have been inspired by the Leading Your Church into Growth course and are looking for someone to help us bring our ideas developed through that into fruition.
The Diocesan Pioneer Development Officer will
- promote lay pioneering in the parishes and church communities of Portsmouth Diocese and be a visible point of contact for lay pioneering.
- plan and develop a regular programme to introduce the principles of fresh expressions and pioneering
The Mission Priest - Team Vicar will
- be a clergy lead for evangelism and growth and encourage the spirituality and training of laity to engage with the community.
- introduce new creative initiatives to engage with the community in line with our LYCiG action plan
The Ideal Candidate
- Have the skills to combine the two posts.
- Enable lay pioneer ministry to thrive and grow.
- Change lives for the better and grow the spiritual heart of our churches.
We have a framework to guide our diocese in the future - and it can be summed up in just three words.
live | pray | serve will be our motto for the future, as we seek to equip people to live as disciples of Christ; to pray, individually and together as worshipping communities; and to serve our local neighbourhoods and society together.
To achieve this, we will encourage and support our parishes, chaplaincies and church schools as they aim to:
- make disciples of Christ;
- grow our churches;
- equip people for lifelong learning; and
- promote the transformation of society.
These four strands embrace all the work covered by our central diocesan teams, but are also picked up through engagement with individual worshippers and in local parishes, communities, chaplaincies, and schools.
For further information please contact Valerie.agnew@Portsmouth.Anglican.org
The closing date for this post is Wednesday 6 June and the interviews and visit are on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 June.