Church Growth Programme Coordinator (Part time)
At the London Diocesan Fund (LDF) we seek to do everything we can to support the mission and growth of the Church of England in London.
The Centre for Church Planting and Church Growth supports the work of the Bishop of Islington, one of the suffragan bishops of the London Diocese. Bishop Ric supports the London Diocesan goal of creating 100 New Worshipping Communities and supports church planting and growth in/for the National Church.
His dynamic and creative team, based at St Edmund the King in London, help to run church planting training courses and Church Growth Learning Communities (CGLCs), to equip church planters through individual consultations, and to develop resources for the wider church.
There is an occupational requirement that the job-holder is a Christian.
We are looking to enable 120 churches over the next 5 years to participate in a learning community, to help them grow in depth of discipleship, community impact and numerical membership. We are encouraging churches across London Diocese to join a community so that they can kick-start or accelerate their growth.
This role will involve working with the CG Programme Manager to deliver these aims, by promoting the learning communities, helping to make them happen, and making sure that information and learning resources are collated and organised effectively.
This is a part-time role, 0.8 of full-time (4 days a week) including occasional evening and weekend work.
- Organising the practical aspects of making church growth learning community sessions happen, including catering, audio/visual arrangements, media, processing invoices for payment and monitoring expenditure against budget
- Assist in the development and implementation of a promotional plan to encourage churches to attend the church growth learning communities
- Work with partners delivering website, learning platforms, or other communications tools to facilitate and promote church growth learning communities
- Provide a point of contact for support, development and communication for churches looking to participate in a learning community
- Assist in development of systems to monitor interest, attendance and impact in relation to church growth learning communities
- Assist in building and maintaining good relationships with churches interested in growth signposting them to appropriate support and resources
- Assist in the preparation of reports on pipeline status and learning community participation and communicate progress to Centre team and external stakeholders
- Support in the collection of data including measures of growth after attending learning communities, working with LDF staff to collect statistical information as necessary
- Contribute to regular reviews and further development of the course material
- Participate in weekly team meetings and occasionally lead weekly team prayer;
- The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the role
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience connecting, supporting and caring for clients, individuals or other relevant experience
- Experience working with subcontractors to deliver outcomes
- Experience running events, courses or conferences
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from different parts of the church with different traditions, backgrounds and perspectives
- Identification with our mission, “Equipping churches to plant and grow in new places, in new ways, for new people”
- Able to signpost churches to resources for additional support
- Willingness to pray with church leaders when appropriate
- Good administrative skills and experience with MS Office
- Multi-task and accomplish competing priorities while retaining attention to detail
- Good listening and question asking skills
- Initiative and curiosity
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Positive outlook with enthusiasm for a high-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- Adaptability and willingness to get involved with all aspects of the work of the Centre for Church Planting and Growth
- Familiarity with the Church of England and Diocese of London
The Church of England in London is growing, vibrant and at the heart of communities throughout the capital. At the London Diocesan Fund we seek to do everything we can to support this mission and growth, using our resources to help our parishes and chaplains to serve over 4 million people.
We understand the benefits of employing individuals from a range of backgrounds, with diverse cultures and talents. We aim to create a workforce that:
· values difference in others and respects the dignity and worth of each individual
· reflects the diversity of the nation that the Church of England exists to serve
· fosters a climate of creativity, tolerance and diversity that will help all staff to develop to their full potential.
To learn more about the work we do, click here
To learn more about Capital Vision 2020 please click here