Business Compliance Manager
The Church of England Pensions Board provide a wide range of retirement services, for retired clergy and their families. We are seeking an exceptional individual who understands the importance of business support, risk management and compliance. The post holder will work within specialist IT systems including SAP to ensure our obligations are met for commercial borrowing, covenants and stakeholder reporting. You will work alongside our financial advisors, solicitors and valuers to ensure we are compliant in all areas of commercial funding and that all data is clean, up to date and correctly administered.
To thrive in this role you will adopt a proactive, enthusiastic and innovative approach, displaying robust attention to detail particularly when analysing and preparing reports. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills to cultivate effective working relationships with stakeholders across the NCIs and with professional consultant.
- Closing Date: 18th February 2018
- 1st Stage Interview: 26th February 2018
- 2nd Stage Interview: 2nd March 2018
The Church of England Pensions Board provides retirement services set by the Church of England for those who have served or worked for the Church. The Pensions Board is a charity within which the Housing department provides retirement accommodation and services. The Board’s vision is to deliver a professional high quality and efficient service to our customers, respecting their needs and the needs of those who provide us with the finances to do this.
- Manage the secured portfolio, producing information and reports for relevant parties within NCIs and external partners.
- Analyse the property portfolio to determine information for proposed securitisation.
- To produce data with analysis for external financial advisors, key colleagues and trustees.
- To produce data and information for solicitors, valuers and other financial business partners, responding to enquiries and other related matters.
- Produce data for individual stakeholders in line with agreed covenants for commercial borrowing, responding to any identified queries.
- Ensure that reputational and credit risk is managed by meeting all covenant reporting requirements.
- Ensuring all regulatory and statutory demands of all business related matters are met.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to implement a reactive solution to electronic data management within current and future data management systems.
- Manage convergence model data, implementing information to the SAP system and any future database system.
- Provide SAP system support and knowledge across the department, developing robust processes.
- Develop proposals for a long term strategy for streamlining of tasks.
- Provide and capture data management and transfer across business platforms including CRM and any future system which may be used across the business.
- Support colleagues through change management ensuring understanding and awareness in relation to change.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience using bespoke IT systems, demonstrating the ability to extract and interrogate data.
- Experienced user of Microsoft office including good numeracy and grammar.
- Experience of building effective partnerships.
- Experience of negotiating with a range of stakeholders.
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to develop new systems, procedures and solutions.
- Strong communication skills able to work effectively with business partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to produce clean and clear data.
- The ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Proven ambassador, able to represent the organisation positively and professionally.
- Ability to work as part of team and work flexibly to meet demands of the role.
- Committed to the principles of equality and diversity.
- Ability to challenge inappropriate behaviour that is contrary to the organisation’s values.
Good general education with either studies to A level standard, an appropriate qualification or several years experience.
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith.
Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible* 35-hour working week for work-life balance and a minimum 25 days holiday plus 3 defined organisational days leave and an attractive defined pension scheme.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from people, regardless of their background.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.