Posted 7 days agoExpires in 9 days
Micah Liverpool is a social justice charity that has been set up by Liverpool Cathedral, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King and St Brides church to relieve Liverpool residents from social injustice and poverty. We are currently running projects to combat unemployment and deliver emergency food aid and affordable food.
Micah Liverpool aims to achieve justice, fairness and wellbeing for Liverpool residents by working in partnership with Liverpool Cathedral and Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King, as well as our vital employer partners and local churches; St Brides and St Vincents.
Micah Liverpool is looking to recruit a Food Aid Assistant to maintain Food Aid activities to include Foodbanks & Community Markets. The successful candidate will be an ambassador for Micah Liverpool. They will work as part of an enthusiastic team and will be excellent at delivering customer service, organised and a good communicator.
This role is subject to a DBS application.
Interviews to take place week commencing 6th May 2019.
- Supporting volunteers to work as part of the Micah team
- Maintaining relationships with donors, charities, schools & businesses.
- Assisting in the management of social media accounts for the programme across a variety of platforms
Key daily tasks:
- Delivering a high standard of customer service at all times
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with partners and donors.
- Contacting volunteers by phone, e-mail or face-to-face
- Completing questionnaires and feedback forms with foodbank users
- Recording personal details of foodbank users
- Updating and maintaining foodbank database
- Recording Social Value and helping to formulate a Social Value plan
- Assisting with social media on multiple platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Buffer
- Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information
- Maintaining a tidy working environment for both colleagues and customers
- Undertaking other relevant duties as may be requested from time to time and commensurate with the role.
- Ability to work as part of a team (Micah and the wider Cathedral team)
- Be enthusiastic and professional
- Display a positive “can do” attitude
- Operate in accordance with the Cathedral’s Health & Safety policies
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills when interacting with colleagues, partners, members of the congregation and visitors and at all times act as the Cathedral’s Ambassador
- Be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of the Church of England
- Support the Mission and Values of Liverpool Cathedral.
- NVQ Level 2 equivalent (essential)
- Food Hygiene Certificate (desirable)
- Full Driving License (essential)
Knowledge & Experience (all essential):
- Previous experience supporting volunteers
- A basic understanding of “Social Justice”
- Experience using Microsoft Office Packages specifically Access & Excel
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Awareness of Health & Safety
- Data Processing experience
Skills & Abilities (all essential):
- An ability to prioritise a variety of jobs
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality
- Ability to work as a member of team
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised
- Ability to work well under pressure
Micah Liverpool is a social justice charity that has been set up by Liverpool Cathedral, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King and St Brides church to relieve Liverpool residents from social injustice and poverty.