Holy Trinity is proud to be a member of the Society under the patronage of St Wilfred and St Hilda receiving Episcopal, pastoral and sacramental ministry under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Richborough.
Holy Trinity has undergone a complete regeneration in the last twelve years and is now ready to appoint a priest who will maintain the long-established Catholic tradition and is passionate about mission and outreach.
Holy Trinity C of E Primary School has excellent links with the church, making Holy Trinity Church an ideal place for our new priest to develop our ministry among young people. The church plays an integral part in the local community and the life of the Thanet Deanery.
Our preferred candidate needs to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong pastoral instinct. It is essential that he is collaborative and comfortable with using appropriate technology in furthering our missionary objectives. The congregation at Holy Trinity is wonderfully diverse and committed and is genuinely looking for creative guidance and inspirational leadership.
If you are a priest with the vision and energy to lead our Parish into the next stage of its journey and have the conviction to teach the Catholic faith and proclaim the Gospel of Our Lord to our local community, then you may be the man God is calling to be our new incumbent.
Holy Trinity is a member of The Society under the patronage of St Wilfred and St Hilda. We seek to continue episcopal, pastoral and sacramental ministry under the Bishop of Richborough. Holy Trinity is committed to appointing an Anglican priest in the catholic tradition manifested in orthodox teaching. We believe our new priest needs to be a man who:
- Believes, lives out and teaches the faith of the Church, rooted and grounded in scripture as expressed in the creeds and for whom the Eucharist lies at the heart of his priestly life.
- Is respectful, understanding and will celebrate the comprehensive nature of the Church of England while maintaining a true vocation within his own personal and spiritual beliefs.
- Has a mission not only to enable his congregation to grow in its own life of prayer and understanding of faith but also to reach out to the local community and actively welcome and encourage others on their journey towards God.
- Understands that Mission can only be successful with the active involvement of the laity within the framework of clear, firm and decisive leadership.
- Will work collaboratively and innovatively with the many civic, secular and ecumenical organisations throughout the town, showing vision, energy and imagination.
- Will be expected to maintain and develop close links with Holy Trinity School attached to the church and foster and enhance their input to the life of the parish (please see the statement drawn up by the Head of the school, reference their expectations of a new incumbent at Appendix B).
- Understands the importance of maintaining and developing the excellent musical tradition at Holy Trinity. Work closely with the Director of Music to enhance the musical input to the liturgy and worship.
- Will wish to work closely with our Sunday School Leaders to encourage and extend the work with children and young people giving them the confidence to extend their role and influence within our congregation of wide-ranging ages, skills and abilities.
- Will have good inter-personal and communication skills and will be collaborative and open to the development of appropriate technology in pursuit of missionary objectives. Our congregation is diverse in nature and needs guidance and inspirational leadership from its Parish Priest. Our people need a loving and caring, but firm shepherd to nurture and encourage them and foster their ownership of and input to the life of their church.
For more information about this application process, please use this link