The Community and Mission Priest will serve two parishes: St Alban Church located in Dartford Newtown and St Edmund's Living Well Church situated approximately 0.5 miles away in Temple Hill. Both parishes share similar demographic and socio-economic profiles with missions to large post-war estates which pose genuine challenges both in the needs presented to the churches and their capacity to meet them.
St Alban and St Edmund parishes have a Priest-in-Charge in post and the Community and Mission Priest will be part of a ministry team seeking to reshape the mission and ministry of the Church of England in east Dartford. It is something of a Kairos moment which offers both challenge, excitement and opportunity. Both churches share a commitment to inclusivity, prayerfulness and innovation and have an excellent record of working and worshipping together. The intention is to deepen these relationships further to bear more fruit for the future.
The Community and Mission Priest will have specific duties to develop relationships on the estates, deepen our community engagement and where possible build fresh expression of church, relevant to the lives and interests of parishioners. Is this you?
Who we are looking for ....
- A "Kingdom Builder" and sensitive "Change Agent" committed to growing and enabling mission and evangelism to those who reside in the parishes of St Alban & St Edmund.
- A resilient Community and Mission Priest who can demonstrate and show God's love to our local community through active social action projects (e.g. developing and sustaining our Community Cafe in St Alban Church which has been developed in partnership with Mary's Child; building links with local schools and other specific projects). The post-holder will be required to work by themselves and as part of wider working groups and teams.
- A passionate Community and Mission Priest committed to pursuing social justice.
- An enthusiastic Community and Mission Priest that encourages and promotes evangelism working alongside other churches and community groups (e.g. YMCA, youth groups).
- A Community and Mission Priest that has proven experience in building and sustaining partnerships. We are looking for an effective networker and communicator who can demonstrate, or else is willing to learn, the effective use of social media including Facebook and Twitter to churched and unchurched communities.
- A prayerful Community and Mission Priest that will be part of our Eucharistic life. The post-holder will participate on a regular basis in the leading of Sunday worship within Church and outside of church where opportunities develop and will also be expected to offer the full range of occasional offices. The post-holder will deputise for the Priest-in-Charge when appropriate.
- A Community and Mission Priest that will actively seek to enable the congregations to move onto a mission footing that shows the love of God to others.
- A Community and Mission Priest that can engage proactively with Fleet Estate, The Phoenix Quarter, The Bridge and exisiting Newtown and Temple Hill Estates.
- A Community and Mission Priest in agreement with our policy of Inclusiveness. St Edmunds and St Albans are both members of Inclusive Church and OneBodyOneFaith - we welcome everyone.
- A Community and Mission Priest, with a good sense of humour, who has a friendly, empathetic and welcoming attitude towards all - believers and non-believers alike. The post-holder will have a heart for families (of whatever shape), young people and children and older people within our community.
MIGHT THIS BE YOU?
Interviews will take place on: 12th April 2019
For more information about this application process, please use this link