Parishes have highlighted the need for specialist support which will offer the expertise and knowledge required to support the writing of successful grant applications. The majority of parishes do not have this expertise and lack time to work through these processes, which can be especially discouraging if they are unsuccessful. The purpose of this role is to support parishes through training, guidance and mentoring to allow them to focus their energy and time more directly on mission.
This post supports the Church Buildings Development and Project Officer as a resource for parishes for the funding of church building projects. The Officer will assist parishes by signposting them to sources of funding support and providing hands-on assistance throughout the applications process. The Officer will provide training and resources for parishes relating to project funding and grants.
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualifications or relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience of working with grant funders and the funding process.
- Proven experience of successful fundraising and bid-writing experience Working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Experience of managing a busy workload, multi-tasking and meeting sometimes competing deadlines.
- Responding to queries and simple problem solving.
- Using IT systems and packages, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the funding landscape of church buildings.
- An interest in England’s historic places of worship.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills and time management skills with the ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Have a proactive approach, using own initiative and taking responsibility for actions and consequences.
- A flexible and positive approach to working and an ability and willingness to travel to various locations if required.
- Professional, friendly and approachable, including when under pressure.
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Supportive of the mission and ministry of the Church of England and the Diocese of Coventry mission purpose statement.
- Loyal, discreet, trustworthy and a team player.
The Diocese of Coventry represents the Church of England in Coventry and Warwickshire. With our network of 200 parishes, we have a Christian presence in every local community. We have a rich variety of people and traditions, and yet we are united in our shared mission of "worshipping God ...making new disciples ...transforming communities".
To fulfil this mission, we want to grow healthy churches by fostering the 8 Essential Qualities as identified by the Institute of Natural Church Development.