Posted 8 days agoExpires in 4 days
Church House, Westminster, London
Fixed Term Full Time
£30,909 p.a. rising to £33,452 p.a. after probation
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and grow with a team that has an extensive and impressive track record in developing the Church's social media accounts, website and campaigns. The team recently won five industry prizes, click here for further information.
The Digital team is based in the Communications department, helping us to become a growing Church for all people and for all places.
As Social Media Officer, you will work with the Church's Digital team to bring to life our three key priorities of evangelism, discipleship and the common good through our social media channels and websites.
With a real passion for engagement across all social media platforms, you will support the wider Communications department and National Church Institutions with social media and website usage. Developing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, you will have every opportunity to use your talents generally and more specifically for channel management, content curation and building community and campaigns.
Interviews will be held on the 28th February 2019
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our pension scheme.
- Producing and scheduling content for the Church of England’s social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Monitoring the Church of England’s social media channels to ensure comments, complaints and queries are dealt with professionally and in good time, identifying issues which need response/rebuttal
- Curating the digital community on the Church’s social platforms, creating engagement with followers
- Responsible for managing the relationship with our social media scheduling tool and its use across the Church of England. This is currently Hootsuite
- Producing and sourcing good quality pictures and visual imagery for the Church of England website, social media channels and blogs
- Responsible for the Church of England’s digital image library
- Writing clear, simple and concise copy for the Church of England website and social media channels as appropriate
- Proactively identifying trends arising from social media feedback on issues related to the Church of England
- Liaising with other members of the team and NCIs to deal with queries and complaints received both internally and externally, including management of support mailboxes
- Providing digital support for communications events, particularly training courses and media conferences, including General Synod and national conferences
- Maintaining good relationships with Christian websites and other external Christian digital contacts
- Keeping regular analytics and insights to identify trends, sharing results with key stakeholders
- Project management and support of digital projects, including Digital Labs Click here for further information
- Day to day management of A Church Near You, overseeing the support for editors.
Please tell us how you meet the requirements for the role:
- Proven experience of writing web copy and running social media accounts
- Photographic skills including Photoshop
- Design skills for both print and web - ability to work creatively
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic media experience
- Ability to write clearly without mistakes
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Taking projects, ideas and initiatives from concept through to delivery
- Previous experience running digital and social campaigns
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and other industry standard tools
- Comfortable and confident promoting the Church of England and faith in Jesus Christ in the digital public square
- Build consensus and positive relationships within and across teams
- A desire to bring more people to faith in Jesus Christ and deepen people’s faith
- Flexible approach to office life (particularly over structure of working day)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Helpful, proactive and constructive attitude to work
- Able to travel across the country to produce content from different dioceses, churches and other Church of England organisations. You may also be required to assist with social media and website training from time to time.
- Working with agencies
- Managing a social media scheduling tool
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.