Birmingham is the UK’s second city with the youngest urban population in one of the most lively and diverse regions. The Church of England - Birmingham, founded in 1905, is one of the 41 dioceses of the Church of England. It covers an area of nearly 300 square miles and includes parishes in Birmingham and parts of Solihull, Sandwell, Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
Right at the heart of what we do there are over 187 worshipping communities with an average weekly attendance of 17,000. In these churches are clergy and church-goers representing a wide scope of tradition, ethnicity, age and background. It is a time of new opportunities and potential in the Church of England - Birmingham as we seek to shape ministry for a changing church and world as part of our ‘Transforming Church - Shaping the Future’ vision, supported by our ambitious People & Places framework.
What is the Studio?
The Studio is an exciting new development within the Communications team. It is a small group of creatives (Graphic Designer, Film maker/Animator and Production Manager) who work together to produce high quality resources for the Church of England – Birmingham and beyond. The Studio is a place to experiment and explore new ways of doing things. The Studio will produce tactical, visual resources that communicate the pioneering thought emerging from the Church of England – Birmingham. The Studio will collaborate with diocesan teams and local churches to help them flex their creative muscles too.
• Managing production requests for the Studio.
• Planning and organising production schedules for tactical communications resources for all stakeholders and audiences.
• Translating concepts and feedback re. communications needs into a range of resources for all stakeholder/audience types, in collaboration with the Film maker/ Animator and Graphic Designer.
• Assessing project and resource requirements.
• Overseeing Studio production processes.
• Determining quality control and editorial standards.
• Liaising with Director of Communications to understand needs and motivations of varied stakeholders and audiences.
• Line management of Film maker/ Animator and Graphic Designer.
The ideal candidate will possess skills and experience with:
• Project management skills
• Experience of managing a creative team and outputs
• Abilty to conceptualise and realise ideas
• Understanding varied audiences
• Excellent planning, organisation and negotiating skills
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to motivate and persuade co-workers and colleagues.
• Excellent editorial judgement
• People and time management
• Collaboration and adaptability
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICATION
Terms and Conditions
Responsible to: Director of Communications
Other key accountabilities: P&P Strategic Programme Board/ Other Heads of Department
Hours: Part time (21 hours/ 3 days per week)
Salary: £19,200 (£32,000 FTE) (plus membership of the Church Worker’s Pension Scheme with 12% employer contribution)
Responsible To: Director of Communications
Deadline for Applications: Friday 1 March 2019
Interviews: Thursday 21 March 2019
(To be held in our offices at 1 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2BJ)