The Diocese of St Edmundsbury & Ipswich’s four mission priorities are to grow in ‘depth’ and ‘influence’, to enable an increase in ‘number’ and become ‘younger’; in achieving the vision of “Growing in God” by being “Flourishing Congregations, Making a Difference”.
The purpose of this role is the to provide administrative support to the Archdeacon for Rural Mission and the Project Team for Growing in God in the Countryside project (known as the Suffolk Fresh Expressions Community Team) and to facilitate and encourage growth of a strong culture of prayer in the project, including the development of a prayer network which supports the work of the core team.
· To ensure the priority of prayer in all aspects and at all levels of the project from strategic planning to small group activities by praying, modelling, prompting, leading and resourcing prayer in an integrated and wholistic way
· To organise events and training, including venues and catering, liaising with host(s), sending out invitations and reminders, contacting participants, updating and printing materials and supporting the running of events on the day;
· To build up, actively encourage and coordinate a strong network of people committed to support the Suffolk Fresh Expressions Community Team through prayer;
· To arrange appointments and meetings and prepare agendas, papers and minutes as required, for example and in particular for the Bishop’s Mission Order (BMO) Board and the project team;
· To support the Archdeacon for Rural Mission with administrative and diary support;
· To support the Project Manager in collecting, cleaning and processing data from the project and producing project reports;
· To co-ordinate and assist in the production of prayer material as resources to enable individuals and groups to pray in a range of ways;
· To maintain an up-to-date database of Fresh Expressions and Pioneers for the purposes of communication, prayer and advertising.
· Organise large and small prayer events around prayer initiatives such as Thy Kingdom Come.
· Processing and monitoring expenditure, including expenses claims;
· Answering queries, by email, face to face and by phone; and
· Other project support and administrative duties, as and when necessary.
Note: In accordance with the equality act 2010 it is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a practicing Christian as the post holder will be required to represent the Christian religion in relation to the mission of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
SKILLS AND ABILITIES/ APTITUDES
WORK RELATED PERSONAL QUALITIES
The Diocese of St Edmundsbury & Ipswich has 445 parishes in 129 benefices and serves approximately 660,000 people living in a geographical area of more than 1,400 square miles.
The Diocesan Board of Finance serves and supports our parishes and schools offering the people of Suffolk the opportunity to encounter God and grow in Christian faith. We strive to do this in providing service and support in line with our values of Respect, Transparency, Quality and Well-being.
The post is pro rata at Band C Point 2 of the St Edmundsbury & Ipswich Diocesan Board of Finance Salary Scales currently £21,011 per annum
If eligible Membership of the Church of England Pension Builder 2014 Scheme following completion of probation period.
Hours of work
Full time 35 hours per week with some flexibility required and given. The role will require some evening and weekend working.
TOIL (time off in lieu) is available to be agreed with line manager.
Those interested in a Job-Sharing arrangement would be considered.
25 days paid leave in addition to the usual public holidays plus Discretionary days at Easter and Christmas
Three months during which time progress is regularly reviewed and the period may be extended.
During probation 2 weeks and thereafter 1 month.
Place of work
This is a new project and the permanent base has not yet been established. We anticipate that initially, the role will be based in the Diocesan Office at 4 Cutler St Ipswich IP1 1UQ and that the permanent base will be within a 15mile radius of central Ipswich.
The postholder should expect to be out and about in Suffolk one to three days a week
NOTES: The current main duties and responsibilities of this post are outlined in the job description. The list is not meant to be exhaustive. The need for flexibility, shared accountability and team working is required. The post-holder is expected to carry out other related duties that are within the employees’ skills and abilities, commensurate with the post’s banding and whenever reasonably instructed.
For an informal conversation please contact: The Revd Canon Sally Gaze, (Archdeacon for Rural Mission as Director of Growing in God in the Countryside) 01473 635113 email@example.com
Application packs available from: Diocese of St Edmundsbury & Ipswich Website http://www.cofesuffolk.org//vacancies
Applications marked ‘Confidential Application’ to be sent to: HR Manager at HR@cofesuffolk.org or by post to Diocesan Office, St Nicholas Centre, 4 Cutler Street, Ipswich IP1 1UQ.
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm Wednesday 13 February 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 26 February 2019