The Barnes Team Ministry is a team of three parishes of St Mary’s, St Michael & All Angels and Holy Trinity in the attractive and busy community of Barnes in South West London.
Each parish has a separate PCC and separate finances and is led by a Team Vicar, and at St Mary’s by the Team Rector.
We are seeking to appoint a new Team Rector and Vicar of St Mary’s Barnes.
If you would like an informal discussion with the archdeacon, please contact Romana Nelson, PA to the archdeacon of Wandsworth on 020 8545 2440 to arrange a time for a phone conversation.
For more information on the application process, please visit http://jobs.churchofengland.org/clergycandidatesfaq/
Please note we have a policy in the Southwark Diocese that to be appointed to an incumbent status post, a priest must normally have served a stipendiary title in an Anglican church in the British Isles, or, following a Candidates Panel for ministers of other Churches and Priests from other Anglican Provinces, has met the Adviser’s recommendations for appointment to posts of incumbency status, set out in a report to the diocesan Bishop.
We are seeking to appoint a new Team Rector and Vicar of St Mary’s Barnes who will:
• lead the congregation of St Mary’s with vibrant worship and caring pastoral support
• inspire us to grow in our faith
• serve the wider community in Barnes
• nurture relationships with other churches and community organisations
We are looking for someone who:
• embraces a central, inclusive tradition with an understanding of, and empathy for, other
traditions, who will develop variety in worship, maintaining a Eucharistic emphasis and
the vital role of music.
• has a strong personal faith and an ability to communicate that through lively and
stimulating preaching and teaching.
• has strong pastoral skills and awareness
• has enthusiasm for families and young people and the experience and creativity to
develop ways to nurture them in their faith
• can collaborate well and sensitively, keen to build productive relationships with other
churches and across the local community and further afield
• will recognise people's talents and encourage involvement, discipleship and lay ministry.
• will be forward-thinking, embracing new ways of working (including through social
media) and with the skills and imagination to lead St Mary’s in new missional challenges
• manages efficiently, has an understanding of finances and is comfortable and able to
delegate to clergy and lay people
For more information about this application process, please use this link
We aim to be a welcoming community which reaches out to people of all ages. We are a busy church, but we also recognise the need to build our spiritual lives, to learn more about our faith and to live it out in our daily lives. St. Mary’s is very much at the heart of the community in Barnes and aims to reach out to those beyond our congregation in many ways with a variety of activities.
• a congregation of all ages who want to worship God, deepen their faith and serve the community
• a well-resourced parish office with an experienced administrator
• a part time Children and Young People’s worker and a Director of Music
• a church in excellent structural repair which offers great flexibility for all sorts of church and community events
• sound finances and many volunteers to help manage the fabric, administration and worship of the church
• a well-equipped church hall containing two separate halls, a stage and modern kitchen
• a beautiful five-bedroomed Rectory with garden, centrally located and a five-minute walk from the church