Posted 5 months agoExpires in 5 days
The Bartestree Cross Benefice forms part of the Hereford Deanery and lies some 3.5 miles to the east of Hereford City. The Benefice area is spread either side of the 2 main arterial routes leading east from Hereford namely the A4103 Hereford to Worcester road and the A438 Hereford to Ledbury road. Although close to Hereford the meadows and fields that surround the City form a natural break and the Benefice has a distinctly rural character being comprised of 3 small and 2 large villages.
- Sharing the ‘cure of souls’ with the Bishop, and exercising spiritual leadership as part of a team.
- Leading the church in mission and encouraging it to focus on the diocesan priorities of; making disciples, growing leaders and engaging with younger generations.
- Releasing the energy and gifts of the whole people of God.
- Exercising a pastoral, sacramental and teaching ministry within the church and community.
- To play a distinctive and intentional role in Inspiring each Generation, Proclaiming Christ and Growing Disciples: This is a key time in for the Bartestree Cross group, with a clear direction set to move forward together in mission, with a number of reordering projects underway or intended. We are looking for a new priest who will provide support and leadership as we seek to reach the next generation with the Christian message.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person who sees their ministry as a thriving partnership between themselves and the surrounding church community.
We wish to appoint a person who cherishes the best of our church traditions, whilst also being prepared to explore different approaches to worship and ministry.
- A developed and maintained prayerful, spiritual life
- Collaborative and consultative
- Personable, approachable and compassionate
- Resilient and a good sense of humour
- Diligent and persistent
- Efficient and organised
- Good working knowledge of IT
- Articulate and able to communicate in a wide range of settings
- Able to handle conflict sensitively and effectively
- Able to build and sustain healthy relationships
- Able to make connection with new residents especially younger families.
Committed to the full involvement of women and men in all aspects of leadership and ministry Aware of and committed to equality and safeguarding issues
- Lead the church community in setting and holding its vision for mission and growth.
- Ensure the church responds to the diocesan vision and priorities.
- Ensure the church implements and builds on its plans for mission.
- Encourage and build partnerships between schools and groups from the community and external organizations who share the church’s aspirations.
- Encourage and support all existing activities within the Benefice. Share and encourage the vision for the re-orderings within the Group.
- Maintain and support our welcome of all irrespective of sexuality, lifestyle, race or disability.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
Running a benefice is very much a team affair, and as members of this team the parishioners are keen to give every support possible to our priest. We do not expect the priest to work 24/7 and to do everything. Sometimes we may not be able to do ‘things’ ourselves but usually we know someone who will. We believe that we are a supportive group of churches and see ourselves as a group of friends who are not afraid to get involved. Please ask.