Posted 22 days agoExpires in 13 days
Lambeth Palace, London
Fixed Term Full Time
£25,931 - £27,554 p.a. after probation
Lambeth Palace is the London home of the Archbishop of Canterbury, his family and two religious communities. It is the centre of his ministry, worship and hospitality, and it is where his personal staff are based. It is vibrant, welcoming and unique and a huge draw for people all over the world.
The Palace is also used as an events venue for organisations and charities. During the summer the stunning garden is often host to receptions and outdoor activities.
This exciting and varied post supports the Head of Events, Events Manager and Head Chef with our busy events operation that caters for hundreds of meetings and special occasions each year.
This is an exciting time to join our welcoming and innovative team at Lambeth Palace.
As Events Coordinator, you will facilitate and coordinate the Events Diary at Lambeth Palace, as well as assisting in the day-to-day running of meetings, events and hospitality.
Your interesting and varied role will include :
- Assisting the Events Team with the planning, communication and execution of events
- Facilitating and coordinating the Events Diary
- Providing support for internal events
- Receiving and acknowledging all event enquiries
- Ordering external catering
With excellent interpersonal skills and an engaging approach, you will develop effective relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and external suppliers, working collaboratively, to ensure a consistently high standard of service for our customers.
You will need the ability to work flexibly, including evenings and up to five Saturdays a year.
In return, we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, a 35 hour working week, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions, and an extremely attractive non contributory pension scheme.
Interviews will be held on the 17th December 2018
- To receive and acknowledge all event enquiries in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To facilitate and co-ordinate the Events Diary and make sure that it is reconciled with the Catering Database.
- Monitoring the ‘Hospitality’ e-mail address and passing on messages to the Head of Events and/or Assistant Head of Events, or responding where appropriate.
- When required, provide all necessary support for internal events, working closely with the lead member of staff to ensure that the event is effectively and efficiently delivered, as planned.
- Assisting the Head of Events, Assistant Head of Events and Event Operations Manager in the logistical running and administration of their events, as required on a case-by-case basis.
- Ensure effective records management for each event to enable subsequent reports, analysis and feedback to be adequately recorded.
- Ensure that rooms are restored to their default setting after a daytime event ends, ready for the next day.
- In the planning, communication and execution of events, being constantly mindful and sympathetic to the significance of Lambeth Palace as the home and office of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Ensure that all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner, or passing on enquiries to the appropriate team member.
- Assist with ensuring joined-up communication and information sharing with the key stakeholders of the Events Team.
- When required, provide the delivery of tea and coffee for small events and meetings.
- Facilitating the weekly Events Diary meeting and presenting a clear overview of the fortnight ahead to the wider Events Team.
- Ordering external catering for small-to-medium sized events, as required when the Head Chef is not able to cater an event through the internal kitchen.
- Ability to multi-task.
- An interest and passion for welcoming visitors.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and the internet, as well as a networked computer system.
- Excellent word processing skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility that the work issued is of a consistently high standard, with fast response times.
- Highly discreet and diplomatic.
- Good judgement in understanding and dealing with urgent and complex matters across a wide range of issues.
- Forward thinking with effective planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to draft and prepare accurate correspondence, briefs and other material as required.
- Highly organised and methodical, with the ability to cope with conflicting priorities.
- A self-starter, able to use initiative and good judgement.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt plans quickly in response to change.
- Strong team working skills.
- Ability to create and implement new processes and systems to improve efficiency.
- Innovative and creative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An excellent grounding in event coordination and diary management.
- Experience working in an administrative capacity.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- Able to work flexibly, including evenings and up to five Saturdays a year.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and legislation.
- A working knowledge of Food Safety requirements and legislation.
- A sympathy with and interest in the Archbishop of Canterbury’s ministry.
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.