The Church of England is the largest single provider of education in England with one million students attending 4,700 Church of England schools.
The Church of England’s Vision for Education outlines our core purpose in education as we seek to be deeply Christian, serving the common good. This vision is complemented by the Church of England’s Foundation for Educational Leadership which focus our national efforts on developing educational leaders for the future.
We now seek to build capacity across the Education Office so that “developing leaders, shaping policy, and creating capacity” form an integrated strategy for the church’s national work in education.
This work is a vital part of the mission of the Church of England and sits at the heart of the objectives of the Archbishops' Council.
Are you an Executive Assistant with a real passion for administration and organisation ?
As Executive Assistant to the Chief Education Officer and his Deputies, you will provide full diary, secretarial and administrative support for the Education Office, as well as the National Society Council and Foundation Trustees.
Operating as the most senior administrator within the office, you will be expected to ensure that with your support, all of these functions run as smoothly as possible.
You will be a confident and clear communicator, professional, positive, and unflappable in person. Due to the nature of this role, there is an ever-changing workload and you will need to be able to prioritise with ease, operating several steps ahead at all times.
Early application is advised. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date stated below, when we have received sufficient applications to shortlist. Interviews will be arranged flexibly.
Closing Date: 28th October 2018
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, a 35-hour working week and generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions, and an extremely attractive non-contributory pension scheme.
• Manage the electronic diaries of the Chief Education Officer and Deputy Chief Education Officers (three)
• Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for the Chief Education Officer, Deputy Chief Education Officers (three), and other staff as necessary including booking tickets, arranging accommodation, and coordinating movement/meetings
• Organise and book meeting dates for the National Society Council, Foundation Trustees and internal meetings as delegated by the Deputy Chief Education Officer (Operations), ensuring that all detailed arrangements are made including catering/refreshments, room bookings, resources/equipment
• Support the Deputy Chief Education Officer (Operations) in the production of crucial papers for senior stakeholders such as the National Society Council and Foundation Trustees, assisting with the editing/formulation, copying, collation, and distribution of such papers
• Act in the capacity of default minute-writer in senior, Board-level and Trustee meetings
• Manage, prepare and deliver outgoing communications from the Education Office and act as the first point of contact for the senior leadership team, responding appropriately to telephone and email queries
• Lead and support other Executive Assistants in the Education Office
Please tell us how you meet the requirements for the role:
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.