The Church of England Pensions Board is a statutory body which is corporate trustee and administrator of four pension schemes. It is also a trustee of a number of charitable funds for the benefit of those retired from the stipendiary ministry and clergy widow(er)s. These underpin supplementary income grants, the provision of residential and nursing homes and the Church’s scheme for assisting with retirement housing. In July 2010 the Board secured private finance to ensure the long-term continuation of the CHARM scheme. We also entered into a partnering arrangement for delivery of our maintenance and repairs service
Each Income and Revenue Officer will deliver a range of generic duties including maximising the organisation’s income through effective income recovery across all tenure’s types. Delivering a high-quality service and building effective relationships. You will be responsible for supporting the preparation of the year end accounts and reviewing service charges across all relevant tenures. Keeping up-to-date with changes in housing legislation, best practice, policies and procedures. In addition, there are some specific responsibilities which will be allocated across the team
The main responsibilities requirements are;
Generic Income and Revenue Duties
- Ensuring that a polite responsive customer-focused service is provided at all times, and that the service is provided within agreed timescales
- Delivering a high quality service, and building effective relationships internally and external to the Association including residents, voluntary and statutory agencies to improve service delivery
- Maximising the organisation’s income through effective income recovery across all tenures types including mortgage interest, leasehold, shared ownership, supported housing, market and CHARM rental.
- Provide the open items and service charge accounts for all areas of the business ensuring that the monthly reports are generated within the business timelines and accounts are managed to maximise income and minimise debt within the guidance of policy and procedure.
- Prepare calculations for increasing share ownership through ‘staircasing’ in Shared Ownership and manage the conveyance in accordance with policy and procedure.
Supported Housing - Revenue
- Supporting the delivery of the rent and service charge budgets and accounts in line with regulation and internal timescales and processes; including the independent auditing of accounts across CHARM and Supported Housing
- Ensure coding and administrative structures on both housing and finance meet business needs in relation to controlling and reporting service charge activity
- Manage Third Party top up accounts for past residents of the closed service at Manormead Nursing Home. Including at liaison with local authority funding departments and managers of care homes and regular review of accounts to ensure funding payments are correct and accounts up to date.
Legacy Mortgage Scheme
- Manage and process requests for redemptions for the legacy mortgage scheme within policy and procedure and document these on file for audit purposes
- Check authorise and arrange payments of invoices for reimbursement of fees
- Drawing up accurate calculations for part/full repayments and Improvement adjustments for mortgaged properties.
- Ensuring that Mortgage customers are provided with up to date guidance and information on a regular basis, and that enquiries in respect of changes to property, share, or loans are responded to quickly and in line with the Mortgage Agreement.
Please see the attached job description for the full main responsibilities
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s A*-C to include Maths and English
Proven Ability Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in a customer focused service organisation
- Proven organisational skills
- Previous experience of achieving objectives and deliverables within given timescales
- Knowledge of working to prescribed policies and procedures and ability to audit trail these
- Excellent communications skills through telephone and face to face and also written communication as well as electronically via email
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience of working in and delivering an effective housing and tenancy management service
- Ability to work as part of team and work flexibly to meet demands of the role
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- A self-starter who takes responsibility for own learning and development
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to relate well to a variety of people and create, maintain and enhance working relationships.
- Willing to learn new concepts and be flexible.
- Ability to work calmly when under pressure
- Ability to contribute to solving problems
- Previous experience in Customer Services, Property Services or a Housing / Charity environment.
- Experience in SAP or other housing/finance packages.
- Minimum requirement: Intellectual capacity associated with either studies to ‘0’ level standard, experience of income and revenue management.
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.