Posted 18 days agoExpires in 1 day
Hide Place, London
The Parish Administrator plays a key role managing the church office and premises of this busy central London parish, you will work closely with the Vicar, the Curate and the part-time Bursar/Finance Officer, and is also in regular contact with the Director of Music, Vergers, Churchwardens and Safeguarding Officer.
The Parish Administrator is responsible for managing the Parish Office in conjunction with the part-time Bursar. The Parish Office includes a meeting room, one tenanted office and three flats, two of which are let to tenants. Napier Hall (Church hall) is hired by a variety of users, (principally to a nursery during the day), and the upstairs hall premises are solely occupied by a nursery on a tenancy basis.
- Designing and producing weekly notice sheets, occasional orders of service, posters and leaflets to promote church activities
- Managing the administrative aspects of baptisms, weddings, funerals and other occasional services, and the maintaining of church registers
- Administrative support to the Vicar and Curate
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries from the general public (phone, and email)
- Compiling papers for the Parochial Church Council (PCC) and Annual Parochial Church Meeting
- Acting as Data Controller for Parish records (Electoral Roll, database etc.) and ensuring that the Parish is compliant with GDPR
- Maintaining office stationery and equipment
- Updating the Church website
- Ordering supplies including Church requisites
- Dealing with all bookings for Napier Hall and the Church and updating the online diary with details of room hires
- Issuing invoices to users and ensuring invoices are paid on time
- Dealing with regular maintenance personnel and liaising with contractors
- Being the first point of contact for any concerns by tenants
- Overseeing the cleaning contract for the premises
- Ensuring the security of the premises (particularly the issuing of keys) and compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Attending Premises Committee meetings (daytime, monthly)
- A mature and sensitive manner in dealing with members of the public, and in fostering good relationships with staff and Church officers, tenants, other regular contacts and volunteers
- Previous administrative experience
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A capacity to work much of the time without supervision and the ability to handle multiple tasks and to work to deadlines
- Reliability and discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
- Sympathy with the aims of the Church of England, and ideally some familiarity with the Church's structures
- Familiarity with updating websites using a content management system
- Current DBS certificate
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
St Stephen with St John, Westminster is roughly bounded by Vauxhall Bridge Road, Millbank, Horseferry Road and Victoria Street. It is home to a very varied population of over 10,000 people and the place of work for many more. The parish includes institutions such as Tate Britain, the Department for Transport, St John's Smith Square (where we take occasional services), Westminster Cathedral and MI5.
The Parish Office is located in Hide Place, next door to the church hall (Napier Hall) and adjacent to the Vicarage in Vincent Square