The role supports the Finance team of Liverpool Cathedral. The role holder will be required to deliver tasks in an organised and efficient manner. As role holder you will also be required to respond flexibly to work demands in order to meet the ever-changing needs of the Cathedral.
· Responsible for collecting and banking all donations received
· Inputting of Purchase Orders
· Recording Gift Aid donations and processing claims for Liverpool Cathedral, Foundation and Friends
· Process HMRC claims
· Responsible for Standing Order bank reconciliations
· Provide / manage the petty cash for Liverpool Cathedral
· Complete the BACS runs
· Reconciling bank statements
· Undertake other duties and tasks as the Finance Director or Management Accountant may require from time to time
Please refer to the Person Specification
What we offer:
Free on-site parking, secure bike storage and easy access to public transport
Liverpool Diocese and Cathedral are committed to treating our whole community with dignity and respect. We desire to represent diverse identities within our community whether this be by race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or social background of each person to ensure they fulfil their potential within a proactive, loving and caring environment.
Encounter Liverpool Cathedral
Liverpool Cathedral is a place of spiritual and cultural significance for the city and region of Liverpool. From its foundation in the early part of the 20th century it has existed as community and building built by the people, for the people to the glory of God.
Liverpool Cathedral is more than an iconic Grade 1* listed building. It’s a vibrant, active place that the people of the city, regions and world encounter in many ways. So alongside those who come for one of our daily worship services, people may encounter us for a gala dinner or a school trip. A tourist may visit us or we could be hosting an awards ceremony or graduations. People encounter us in many ways. But in each way, we hope they encounter a warm welcome and sense of God.
As part of their visit we believe everyone will encounter:
• Inspiring Christian worship
• A breathtaking experience
• A community committed to justice and mercy
• A safe, generous place in joy and sorrow
• A dynamic community of staff and volunteers
• A God who knows and loves you.
Working for Liverpool Cathedral will bring you into a community that seeks to make those encounters happen. You will be someone who can subscribe to, and live out, our values of excellence, dynamic, integrity and inclusive. You will have the benefits of working in a landmark building with colleagues who are serious about the work life balance with generous holiday allowances and access to an Employee Assistance Programme. We have a strong working partnership with the Diocese of Liverpool bringing extra support to our activities.
For more information about Liverpool Cathedral go to www.liverpoolcathedral.org.uk