The Bishop of Chichester seeks to appoint a Priest in Charge for All Saints' Wick and St Mary Magdalene, Lyminster, who will offer an evangelistic, pastoral and liturgical ministry, as we seek to know, love and follow Jesus.
These two parishes are situated in the Deanery of Arundel and Bognor, north of Littlehampton and close to Arundel.
Someone, male or female, who is collaborative in leadership - both a team leader and team player.
Someone who is keen to work with the congregation and PCC to develop our vision.
Someone who is enthused by the opportunities to work with our team of preachers, licensed lay readers, retired clergy and ordinand and to continue to develop gifts and ministries within the congregation.
For an informal conversation please contact the Ven Luke Irvine-Capel, SSC, Archdeacon of Chichester on 01243 680251 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24 November 2023
Interview date: 13/14 December 2023
An Enhanced Level DBS will be required for this post.
We are praying for a minister who is:
- prayerful and faithful to the teaching of the Bible and open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- open to the diversity of worship offered, traditional and innovative, and values the gift of Holy Communion as intrinsic to this.
- pastoral and able to respond graciously to people, showing the love and compassion of Christ.
- visionary and prophetic, gifted in collaborative leadership.
- experienced in developing fruitful intergenerational ministry.
- insightful and discerning of the needs of the communities we serve.
- a generous, prayerful and hospitable church family with a keenness to reach out in love and service to the wider community.
- a rich diversity of worship across the parishes.
- committed volunteers and ministry team.
- a rapidly growing and developing community.
- a four bedroom Rectory.
- a collaborative Deanery within the Diocese of Chichester, where our vision is 'to know, love and follow Jesus'.