What we are looking for in our Associate Priest
- A true person of God.
- Comfortable with the style and theology of the Book of Common Prayer, and willing to explore different types of services.
- Supportive of ecumenical links.
- Able to work with others, both lay and ordained.
- Able to communicate and relate well with others both inside and outside the church.
- Able to think imaginatively and contribute to the strategic development of the benefice.
- Willing to live in a house provided in the benefice and to offer ministry across the benefice.
- Able to give two days each week plus Sundays to the role.
- Willing to use your gifts and interests to lead on an area for development of your choice.
What we offer
- Opportunities for personal development and a balanced way of life appropriate to the person’s stage in life while taking part in general parish ministry.
- An attractive living and working environment in the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Being part of small but committed congregations with supportive church wardens, PCCs, and parishioners.
The role is offered for a fixed term of 5 years.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Rector, Rev Dr Nikolaj Christensen (email@example.com / 01235 634940).
Further information about the Diocese is available at https://www.oxford.anglican.org/
- Closing date: 25th October 2023.
- Interviews: 15th November 2023.
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required.