Following the review of the Finance function, this is a new management level role working within a joint finance function providing financial reporting and management support to the Diocese of Winchester (WDBF) and the Diocese of Portsmouth (PDBF).
The Finance Manager will report to, and work closely with, both Financial Controllers (one for WDBF and one for PDBF) primarily with financial management and reporting responsibilities, and a supporting role in financial planning. The role will work alongside the Finance Officer who has oversight of the processes and systems for accurate recording of records and transactions. The post holder will line manage up to four team members who undertake financial processes and specific funding projects.
Overall Responsibilities and Purpose:
• To prepare, create, and offer initial analysis for all financial management reports and their supporting narrative and commentary as required by WDBF And PDBF
• To provide line management and leadership for direct reports, supporting day to day workflow where and when needed
• To provide support in financial planning, annual accounts and audit for WDBF, PDBF, connected companies and charities.
• To support Financial Controllers with business partnering, strengthening and assisting departments across both dioceses with financial understanding.
• Together with Finance Officer act as a first point of contact for financial queries from colleagues
The successful individual will need to hold a recognised finance or accounting qualification (or be close to completion of one) and will need to demonstrate the following:
This role will initially be based at The Diocesan Office, Wolvesey, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9ND with the requirement for regular attendance in the Portsmouth Office, First Floor, Peninsular House, Wharf Road, Portsmouth, PO2 8HB.
Getting to know and building positive working relationships with key people in each diocese is essential. The dioceses are committed to sharing good practice and working cooperatively together.
The closing date is 26th October 2023 with interviews being held at a later date.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please click https://www.charismarecruitment.co.uk/job/finance-manager-diocese-of-winchester-and-portsmouth?source=portsmouth.anglican.org.
You will also find contact details there, if you would like more information.