The vision of the Diocese of Chichester is to help people within the Diocese to know, love and follow Jesus. Our administration is based at the Diocesan Office in Church House, Hove, serving the clergy and people of the Diocese across more than 360 parishes and 155 Church of England schools, as a Christian presence in every community in Sussex.
We wish to appoint a part-time Personal Assistant to provide Executive level PA support to the Archdeacons of Chichester and Horsham.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for members of the Bishop’s senior leadership team, parish clergy, parish officers and staff at Church House. Your duties will include:
· Acting as the primary point of contact for the Archdeacons and to support their ministry and mission in the Diocese of Chichester
· Strategic oversight and maintenance of their electronic diaries
· Preparing briefing notes and paperwork for the Archdeacons ahead of meetings and engagements
· Arranging meetings, coordinating parochial Visitations, liaising with partners across the Diocese, and facilitating events organised by the Archdeacons
· Liaising with the Bishop’s office in relation to appointment processes
· Arranging and attending the annual Archdeacon Visitation to admit Churchwardens
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
· Experience of providing Executive level PA, administrative and clerical support
· Excellent electronic and interpersonal communication skills
· Strategic organisational and planning skills
· A high level of integrity and discretion with an understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
· Proven IT skills, including current experience of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word and Excel), Eventbrite and Doodle polls
The post holder is required to support the ethos, aims and objectives of the Diocese and the Church of England.
This role is for 21 hours per week with the option to work the hours flexibly through the week.
The post is offered with a salary of £15,600 per annum (pro rata of FTE of £26,000 pa). The position is based at Church House, Hove with the opportunity to apply to use the DBF’s remote working policy to work from home for part of the week. In addition, we offer a pro-rata entitlement of 28 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and 2 privilege days per year, flexi-time, free parking, the ride to work scheme, a range of staff development activities and the Diocesan Pension Scheme with 15.1% employer contribution.
Chichester DBF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are expected to share this commitment and to comply with the relevant safeguarding policy. Our full safeguarding policy can be found here
Applications must be received by midnight on 22nd October 2023. Interviews will be held at Church House, Hove on 27th October 2023.