This exciting post offers an opportunity to lead and shape mission and ministry as part of a team that covers the Sprowston and North Norwich area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced priest to encourage collaborative mission and ministry across the team with specific responsibility for Sprowston parish.
We aim to be generous, inclusive churches – spanning Liberal Catholic and Sacramental to Open Evangelical traditions – and we are praying for:
- a person who values parish ministry, traditional models of church, and has the creativity and openness to do things differently.
- a person with the flexibility to lead and encourage formal and informal worship that is open and inclusive.
- a person with the skill and aptitude to collaborate with colleagues and enable them to thrive in their ministries – coaching/mentoring/supervision skills would be welcome.
- a good communicator and preacher
- a pastoral heart, who will be committed to the social life of the churches.
- Resilient with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Well-organised, able to take the lead where needed and see things through.
- Take a lead in building and developing our team ministry which is in its early stages.
- Help build a vision for our benefice which draws on our diverse strengths and gifts.
- Help us grow the mission and ministry of the church, and specifically among the new housing developments in Sprowston. You will be a key player in the recruitment and support of a Pioneer Team Vicar who will take a lead in this outreach.
- Be actively involved in our ministry with schools, children and young people.
- Grow lay ministries including leading worship and pastoral care.
- Share with colleagues in taking occasional offices; making the most of these opportunities.
- Develop our administration and stewardship.
- Help us Grow community links
- The successful candidate would live in a new Rectory in the heart of the parish.
The successful candidate would live in a new Rectory in the heart of the parish.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact the Venerable Keith James, Archdeacon of Norwich firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Thursday 12 October, with interviews taking place on Thursday 16 November.