The benefices of Brailes, Sutton-under-Brailes, Tysoe, Oxhill & Whatcote are situated in lovely, rural south Warwickshire approximately 10 miles from Stratford upon Avon and a similar distance from Banbury in Oxfordshire. The Associate Minister, working with the newly appointed incumbent, will help these five rural Parishes build on good relationships with their communities, inspiring people ‘on the fringes’, including in our 2 church schools, to make appropriate steps towards becoming disciples of Jesus.
The role of this House for Duty Associate Minister post (minimum of 20 hours per week, living in the vicarage at Brailes), is to work alongside the incumbent in enabling all 5 churches to fulfil the diocesan mission purpose of :
• Worshipping God
• Making new disciples
• Transforming communities
This will involve developing 8 essential qualities in the life of the Church:
• Empowering Leadership
• Gift-oriented Ministry
• Passionate Spirituality
• Inspiring Worship
• Holistic Small Groups
• Need-oriented Outreach
• Loving Relationships
• Functional Structures
The associate minister will have a key role in pastoral visiting and discipleship development of people across all 5 Churches, to help them to live out these qualities in their lives, churches and communities, but with a priority focus in Brailes and Whatcote.
We welcome applications from priests who have:
• Inspired people (especially young people and families) to grow to know and love Jesus from excellent relationships, including through ministry in schools.
• Attracted and stimulated people not familiar with traditional church contexts by creating different worship styles (e.g. Messy Church, Café Church).
• As part of a team, encouraged and empowered people of all ages to become active members and leaders within their worshipping communities.
• Built excellent relationships between local churches and their communities.
• Achieved the above whilst still contributing positively to the ‘normal’ pattern of services and ministry.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
The Diocese of Coventry represents the Church of England in Coventry and Warwickshire. With our network of 200 parishes, we have a Christian presence in every local community. We have a rich variety of people and traditions, and yet we are united in our shared mission of "worshipping God ...making new disciples ...transforming communities".