We are praying for a priest who will:
- nurture, teach and inspire us, building on the strong foundations in place
- celebrate the broad, diverse and generous culture across the Benefice
- serve with joy and warmth in their pastoral ministry, sustained by their own deep faith in Christ and with confidence in liturgical and eucharistic worship
- support and develop our youth ministry and outreach
- be a visionary priest with gifting of collaboration and leadership to serve across this busy and demanding Benefice
In 2025 this diocese celebrates the 950th anniversary of witness and evangelisation from a mission base in Chichester, building on the earlier mission funded by St Wilfrid at Selsey.
2025 also marks the 1700th anniversary of the Council of Nicaea with its reminder of the formative claim upon us of the catholic creeds.
These anniversaries are more than historical footnotes. They speak powerfully about the richness of faith and mission that is our inheritance locally and universally.
If God is calling you to join us in the task of proclaiming the mystery of faith in some part of this diocese, we pray that the contribution of your gifts and experience will enrich our witness and deepen your own discipleship.
We take very seriously the call to diversity and radical inclusion as characteristic of the Church's mission. For this reason we welcome applications from ordained women and Global Majority Heritage clergy, who are under-represented in those who service this diocese.