Posted 11 days agoExpires in 10 days
St Edmunds is in the wonderful position of having a committed teenage core, with lots of children and young families accessing a variety of regular church groups and events. We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and gifted CYFW to come and join the team at St Edmund’s Church, on a full-time basis. We are wanting to appoint someone to oversee and develop St Edmund’s ministry with children, youth and families, in line with our vision and values
- To manage, oversee and develop St Edmund’s ministry with children, youth and families, in line with our vision and values.
- To encourage and disciple children in their Christian faith, in an age appropriate manner.
- To support families as they raise their children.
- To recruit, equip and oversee volunteer leaders.
- To build links with the community and local schools, to share the love of God with children and families.
- To line manage interns working with this age group.
- Explore and initiate other forms of outreach and discipleship for children and young people.
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues which affect children and families
- Experience leading non-churched people to faith.
- Experience of establishing good working relationships with community stakeholders
- Good understanding of safe practice with children
- Good IT skills and the ability to organise your work and working environment.
- Experience engaging the wider church community in issues and strategies to do with children
- Ability to communicate with children & youth, parents and church members, including in a public and leadership role
- Previous safeguarding training and a willingness to undergo, and regularly up date, such training.
Qualifications, training & experience
- Three A levels or equivalent
- Relevant training/qualification in children’s work (Eg.Youth Work Degree)
- Experience of children’s ministry in a church setting
- Demonstrable Biblical knowledge and the ability to share it with children
- Proven ability to teach, train and disciple children with a wide range of backgrounds and church experiences.
- Proven ability to lead, build and equip effective volunteer teams.
- Proven ability to engage and enthuse the 0-18 age group and to gain the confidence of their parents
- Willing to undergo enhanced DBS disclosure
- Car owner / driver
- Physical ability to carry out the demands of the job
- Currently eligible to work in the UK
St Edmund’s Church, Roundhay in North East Leeds is a member of the Church of England and has strong links with local churches of other denominations. We serve our community and welcome everyone to our weekly services, regular groups and special events. St Edmund’s is a lively church offering a wide range of activities for all age groups. Children are especially welcome and there lots of opportunities for them to grow in faith and have fun. A parent recently told us: “St Ed’s is a very welcoming family church”.