Posted 13 days agoExpires in 8 days
The parish of Aylesford and Eccles the historic centre of Aylesford village, suburban and rural areas. There are two main villages: Aylesford and Eccles, located in Mid Kent, at the foot of the North Downs, on the banks of the River Medway approximately half way between Rochester and Maidstone and close to the M20 and M2.
We are a friendly and welcoming church community. We seek to strengthen links with the community as a whole, participating in village events and opening the church for a variety of concerts and social events. Teaching, including the use of home groups, has been encouraged too. However, we are conscious that we are not growing in numbers, and we are ready to be led – sensitively – through change. We believe there are great opportunities in our parish and we need a vicar who can help us identify our priorities.
We seek a vicar who: -
- Is a prayerful and spiritual person, showing in his or her own life the outworking of faith.
- Is able, with imagination, enthusiasm and warmth, to help us to attract new people, including further developing our important school links and Messy Church.
- Is committed to encouraging families and people of all ages to be part of the church family.
- Will be visible and available, ready to engage with people from all backgrounds in our community, on an everyday basis and irrespective of their faith, to build the place of the Church in the community
- Is a skilled and practical leader and communicator who has the confidence to listen and respond to the views and ideas of others, to collaborate and delegate, and (conscious of the need for succession planning) to identify and develop latent potential. A leader who can inspire us where we are “stuck”, to get “unstuck”.
- Makes use of the positives aspects of having a “mature” congregation and the gifts that this can bring.
- Will, as a good pastor, teach, mentor and support others, nurturing deeper discipleship and fellowship, and encouraging active lay participation in all aspects of church life.
- Is comfortable with a broad range of worship styles and is willing to encourage us into trying new ways, embracing the risk.
- Accepts the challenge and opportunities presented by the new housing developments and leads us into effective responses.
- Is alive to the potential of new means of communication such as social media.
For an application form, please contact Maria Campbell (the Archdeacon's PA) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01732 833840.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 1st October.
Interviews will take place on Thursday, 1st November
More information about the Diocese of Rochester, the Archdeaconry of Tonbridge and a copy of the parish profile can be obtained from the Diocese of Rochester website: http://rochester.anglican.org/diocese/vacancies/archdeaconry-of-tonbridge-vacancies/
Please note that this vacancy is open to ordained Anglican clergy only and is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.