We are a close-knit group of four small rural parishes that are bound together by geography, history and a common sense of Christianity. We believe that a strong Church within our rural setting is key to the cohesion of our community. We are seeking someone who:
- Has the energy, vision and leadership qualities to focus our identified mission to communicate the Gospel to a small rural community.
- Is sensitive, compassionate and committed to the importance of pastoral care across the Benefice.
- Is sympathetic to old, new and untried styles of worship.
- Is young at heart and able to relate easily to all age groups.
- Is willing to immerse themselves in our rural community life.
- Can maximise the benefit of collaborative engagement with other clergy in the clerical support structure and wider church.
- Has the ability to manage time and resources to maximum potential.
- Can prepare and deliver service content in a way that is fresh, relevant, appealing and engaging to all.
- Can work with schools, families and church to create strong connections, paying particular attention to the Gen2: Growing Faith Adventure.
- Can enable and encourage the laity to take on responsibility appropriately.
- Has experience in conflict resolution or mediation.
The position suits an ordained minister with independent financial security, wishing to live in a beautiful, rural (but very accessible) location and who relishes working part-time in a traditional Anglican environment, leading a well-established and highly motivated Benefice group of Churches within a welcoming and supportive community.