The IT Department has undergone a radical transformation. IT now executes a mixture of on-premise, Cloud and 3rd party sourced IT services, in an entirely new and modern IT infrastructure that utilises the latest technologies. The IT function serves 600 staff in NCIs and NCIS co-located bodies and aims to adopt common solutions across NCIs where practical. IT provides a broad range of customer focused IT services such as technical architecture and support, networks, change management, business analysis, project management, Training, Procurement, systems administration and applications
We are looking for two candidates to work with NCIs departments, projects and other IT colleagues to provide business & systems analysis consultancy and providing support such as investigations on ways of working. Acting as the primary technology partner (liaison) between the organisational units and technology to gather requirements, develop business cases, and submit new change requirements. Facilitating workshops or conducting impact assessments engaging on projects, producing the functional specifications, ensuring these meet, or exceed, the business requirements. In partnership with the business unit create test scripts and business readiness and implementation plans, influencing business areas to become more efficient by utilising technology and providing operational support during the change process. Supporting the wider technology function, Head of Change and Business Integration, Project Manager and other IT colleagues requiring business analysis input.
The main responsibilities for this role are;
- Work with departments to support and guide them through the required steps to implement technology enabled change projects. Help them to articulate their requirements and how change will affect their users on a day-to-day basis
- Establish and manage communication channels within and among departments to provide their feedback and views to influence the IT Strategy, Operations and change plans
- Partner with departments to ensure that technology requirements are understood, document and approved as part of a business case prior to commencing a project.
- Conduct systems analysis, write data migration scripts and business process improvement documentation and support activities to cleanse and migrate data from multiple data sources to new destinations and adopt new processes required and agreed to work more effectively
- Help business areas to create their user acceptance scripts and manage the testing process, including liaison with internal and external parties responsible for resolving faults.
- Assist in the change process to imbed best practice requirements onboarding and requirements fulfilment procedures.
- Oversee contracted Business Analyst and Business Process Analyst resources brought in by the business to fulfil their projects.
Please see attached job description for full main responsibilities
The ideal candidate must have;
- Business Analyst qualification or demonstrable on the job experience
- Change Management qualification or demonstrable on the job experience
- Project/Product management experience in delivering technology initiatives
- Ability to effectively problem solve in a logical and structured manner
- Strong report writing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and simply to a non-technical audience
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally
- Experience of using a wide range of IT systems and of providing consultancy and support.
- Producing business requirements, business cases and high-quality documentation (Business, Functional, Technical, Process design, and Training Manuals).
- Experience in using Business Process improvement techniques.
- Experience of working in a mature agile environment and of implementing agile ways of working.
- Highly experienced in use of intensive systems research and analysis techniques.
- Detailed understanding of the impact of change, the interdependencies and impact on the business
- Significant experience in conducting impact assessments for IT change requests and making suitable recommendations
- Team player with good interpersonal skills to influence positive outcomes
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Attention to detail, including tolerance and the ability to handle detail, analyse, understand and produce detailed information accurately
- A sense of urgency and commitment to completion of work, attention to detail, quality and confidentiality
- Committed to continuing professional development and identifying means to update key knowledge
- The role is based in Westminster and requires working at Lambeth Palace or Bermondsey and occasional travel to Supported Housing locations across the Country
- Systems Analysis qualification
- Able to lead by example, engender trust and demonstrate personal gravitas and credibility
- A good understanding of ITIL framework
- Experience of managing requirements end to end using Team Foundation Server or a similar product.
- Supporting staff to use Microsoft CRM Dynamics, SharePoint and Office 365
Please see attached job description for full ideal candidate requirements
We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith. To learn more about working for National Church Institutions and our benefits, please click here
As we are a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome all applications from those you have served in our Armed Forces and their families
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from people, regardless of their background. As a Disability Confident committed employer, it is important to note that there may be occasions where it is not practical or appropriate to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria* due to high volume. We limit the amount of interviews conducted to five applicants per open post we advertise.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.