Based in the popular uphill area of the city, Lincoln St Peter in Eastgate and St Peter in Carlton are seeking to call a gifted, strategic and inspiring leader to join two dynamically different parishes held in plurality. We are now one church with one Joint Council united by one vision.
GATHERING around God’s Word to build a Christian community;
GROWING lifelong disciples of God’s Son and living fruitful lives of service to His glory;
GOING out in the power of God’s Spirit to serve God’s mission, in Lincoln and beyond.
Through the Time to Change Together program we have self identified as a 'Key Mission Church' and we aim to be;
- Large, flourishing, confident, capable of significant growth;
- Well-resourced for worship, with high quality music, youth and family work, social action, teaching and mission;
- Able to cover (our) ministry costs and to contribute towards the cost of mission across the wider diocese;
- A spiritual reservoir for a large area.
- Offering a good, accessible building and facilities
- An appetite to fulfil (our) role as a Key Mission Church for a wider area; working in partnership and collaboration with all other church types in (our) wider catchment area.
We pray our next Vicar will be
- Someone with a vision and passion to see God’s kingdom flourish in Lincoln.
- Prayerful, evangelical and committed to preaching, leading worship, and bringing the Bible to life, in an engaging and accessible way so that we can apply it to our lives.
- Able to engage with children and youth and lead them into a full knowledge of Jesus in their lives.
- Able to be a Foundation Governor and lead worship at our linked Church of England infant school, and to be a Trustee at St Anne’s Bede (Alms) Houses.
- Willing to teach the Christian understanding of marriage as affirmed by the General Synod and House of Bishops.
- Someone with a desire to see a church led and renewed by the Holy Spirit so that God’s love and grace flow out across our communities.
- Gifted to train and develop both lay and ordained people in their vocations.
- Someone who can help people grow as disciples and to develop into disciple makers.
- Have a pastor’s heart and be able to help us develop our pastoral care team, enabling us to maintain a welcoming and safe church.
- Someone excited about creating new ways of being church in the Eastgate and Carlton parishes and will help us discern our priorities as a key mission church within “Time for Change Together”
If you feel called to explore this post please view our profile and click on the links below to find out more about us.
St Peter's Website
St Peter's Facebook
Lincoln Diocese Website
For an informal chat about this post please contact The Archdeacon of Lincoln Ven. Gavin Kirk email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing: Midday Tuesday 17th October 2023
Shortlisting: Thursday 19th October 2023
Interview: Tuesday November 21st 2023