This is an important role in developing and ensuring cohesive and coherent processes and procedures across areas of compliance, office administration and in the use of data. It’s a key role in liaising with our parishes in the collecting of data and making these systems as stream-lined as possible.
- You should have a passion for detail and administration.
- A good knowledge of GDPR, and applying this to an organisation’s use of data
- The ability to examine strategic and detailed operational issues, to gain information from databases and summarise in an easy to understand format.
- Full familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience in the use of databases, and software tools for solving problems and ensuring they can meet the needs of users.
- Experience in the review of processes, and implementing plans for improvements.
- A positive and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills , both written and verbal, including working well with senior colleagues.
- An understanding of the need to use a wide range of communication for particular situations and individuals.
- Experience of taking responsibility and accepting ownership of areas of work with a significant impact on an organisation’s reputation.
Southwark is a diverse and vibrant Diocese in so many ways, from the energy of the inner city to the beauty of the Surrey Hills. We are one of the largest Dioceses in the Church of England, serving the people of South London and East Surrey. We take joy in the distinctiveness and variety of God’s gifts and people. You will find churches that offer welcome, care and dignity in Christ’s name to their parishes; chaplains walking along side those in education, hospitals, and prison; and pioneering communities seeking to reach out and serve in new ways.
We seek to be Christ-centred and outward-focused in all we do.
To find out more, visit our website: