We are seeking a Team Rector of The Benefice of the Rothwell, Lofthouse, Methley with Mickletown and Oulton with Woodlesford following the retirement of the previous postholder.
- This Team Ministry across four churches was created in 2015. The churches are still working out what it means to work as a team, with the right balance of collaboration and independence.
- The Team Rector will need to offer collaborative leadership with clergy and lay colleagues, shaping and delivering a shared vision and strategy for growth.
- It is possible that in future stipendiary deployment in the team will be reduced. The Team Rector will help the churches to create sustainable ways of working across the benefice, which may include re-organising clergy responsibilities.
- The main part of the role is as parish priest of Holy Trinity, Rothwell. The people of Holy Trinity Rothwell have grown in confidence, positivity and capacity in recent years, and are looking forward to being led by a priest who will continue to enable every-member ministry and outward-looking mission.
The key mission priorities identified by the team clergy and PCCs are:
- Growing the church – particularly growing a younger and more diverse church (youth, families with young children, and 20-45 year olds);
- Building the team identity – particularly by enabling every-member ministry and collaboration across the parishes;
- Strengthening the visible, inclusive presence of the churches in their communities.
For full details of the role description please see the link here
For an informal discussion regarding the vacancy please contact Archdeacon Paul Ayers at email@example.com
Closing date: 20/2/23