The ANGLICAN CENTRE in ROME
The Director and Governors of the Anglican Centre in Rome seek to appoint a Priest Associate This is a part-time (c 20 hours per week), house-for-duty post Suitable for an experienced (probably retired) priest, who will work in association with and in support to the Director, to further the ACR’s unique ecumenical ministry in Rome.
The post-holder, in the context of overall accountability to the Director, would:
• Bring relevant previous experience in a province or provinces of the Anglican Communion, with a special proven interest in building human relationships in an ecumenical and multicultural context
• Be available to support the Director’s ministry in terms of theological resourcing, pastoral accompaniment and assistance with maintaining the day to day life of the Centre as required
• Be skilled in the creative preparation of liturgy and available to preside at the regular Eucharists, particularly on Tuesdays, if the Director is away. It will be important to be at ease with a wide spectrum of Anglican styles of worship /churchmanship
• Be willing to step in on behalf of, or represent, the Director at moments of pressing need.
• Be able to relate through the Director with the Dicastery for Promoting Christian Unity and other Dicasteries of the Vatican
• Be respectful of the ethos of the Centre and have the ability to be confidential and trustworthy
• Be an English -speaker with, if possible, other language skills. Knowledge of Italian, or willingness to learn basic Italian, is a positive advantage
• Be a good communicator and at ease with people
• Possess some administrative skills and computer literacy
• Enjoy working collaboratively with a small staff team in Rome with a view to the furtherance of the ministry of hospitality, study and ecumenical networking for which the Centre is renowned.
It is envisaged that this appointment would be for a two to three year period. There is no stipend nor pension provision. Provision will be made for health insurance as required. Accommodation will be provided near the Centre (suitable for a married priest if necessary). Reasonable expenses, such as the use of public transport in the area, will be covered. The Centre normally closes for the month of August in each year, but flexibility will be displayed in order to allow the priest - associate to pay visits to their home country at other necessary times of year. The appointee will comply with the safeguarding requirements of the ACR, administered by the Church of England’s Diocese in Europe. Full details of the vision and work of the Centre are available on its website. Apply here: email@example.com
NB: The administration of the appointment process is within the Diocese in Europe, but the post is not a Diocese in Europe position.
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2023; interview date: 2 March 2023 Informal
Enquiries welcome: Bishop Michael Burrows: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ANGLICAN CENTRE IN ROME.
Full details of the vision and work of the Centre are available on its website. Apply here: email@example.com NB: The administration of the appointment process is within the Diocese in Europe, but the post is not a Diocese in Europe position.
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2023;
interview date: 2 March 2023
Informal enquiries welcome: Bishop Michael Burrows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Piazza del Collegio Romano 2, 00186 Rome