Located to the north-west of Chesterfield, within easy reach of both the town centre and the Peak District National Park the older, established suburb of Newbold is expanding through new housing developments and provides opportunity for creative mission rooted in the liberal catholic tradition of the parish church.
We are looking for a person of deep faith, with a heart for mission and the ability to lead collaboratively, whose life and ministry is rooted in prayer.
This full-time stipendiary post, has a number of key elements:
- the desire for growth: in numbers and in depth of faith across all ages
- leading a faithful congregation, including a Reader, a committed PCC, organist and choir who, together with well-established volunteers across a range of activities, are looking forward to all that God has for them
- continuing to develop the well-established link with the local church school and the newer links (developed during lockdown) with other schools in the Parish
- the hope of building community in so far relatively untouched parts of the Parish such as new housing areas or older, more established estates
- a genuinely exciting (and funded) building project
- the desire to continue building mutually supportive and creative relationships with neighbouring Parishes; the hope of being ‘better together’ in some areas of mission particularly.