Posted 12 days agoExpires in 14 days
St Leonards on Sea
We see children’s and family ministry as a key area of future growth. We are looking to appoint someone with creativity and ability to build up our work with children and families and help them come to a living faith in Jesus Christ.
The Families and Children’s Worker will work in conjunction with the Rector to:
- Help children and their families come to and grow in Christian faith.
- Support our current team of children’s workers and identify and grow new volunteers
- Develop and grow our existing Activity Afternoons into a regular church related termtime and holiday club for Primary School aged children.
- Establish a church-related parent and toddler group supporting local families
- Develop the existing All Age service and support the children attending Sunday Service
- Establish a fresh-expression Church for local families
- Explore ways of supporting parents in this area of significant socio-economic disadvantage.
- Develop our links with the Primary Academies in our Parish [these are not church schools]
- Ensure diocesan and parochial safeguarding policies and procedures are implemented [https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/policies]
- Encourage the congregation at Church in the Wood to support the priority of mission and ministry among those at the fringes or with no church contact.
- Participate in relevant community networks and partnerships
- Take responsibility for ongoing professional development, including training and supervision as required
- Experience of faith-based work with families and children.
- Willing to help and support our existing children’s work and equip our team to teach Christian faith to children in engaging ways.
- Self-motivated, hands-on and organised in managing time and tasks
- Willing to try new and creative ideas to reach families with the Gospel.
- A good team player who can encourage and equip others for ministry.
- Able to relate to and mix with people from every section of the community.
Special Knowledge & Skills
- A strong awareness of safeguarding procedures and their implementation
- Willing to work with and support a sessional children’s worker.
- IT skills sufficient to communicate and connect with families and children in ways that are relevant, safe and appropriate to them.
Any Other Requirements
- Active, positive Christian faith they are willing and able to share with others
- A person who has a real heart for families and children
- A recognised qualification in theology, ministry or children’s work relevant to the post
- A successful track record in developing children’s groups
- Experience in starting new ministries.
- Ministry experience in a mixed socio-economic area which is significantly disadvantaged in places.
- Access to a car