We are a rural benefice of three churches in north Bedfordshire and belong to the Diocese of St Albans. Our churches have their own identity but we are committed to working together towards the shared aim of building flourishing churches.
We are praying for a vicar who feels called to serve in our benefice, to unite us in a common vision that enables us to grow in faith and in number, so that we are able to work for God's mission in our communities.
The parishes of Milton Ernest, Pavenham and Thurleigh lie approximately 5 miles west of Bedford in the Ouse valley in a rural setting where mainly arable land has been farmed for generations. There are good road and rail links to London and surrounding towns. Two of the parishes, Milton Ernest and Thurleigh have primary schools as well as a diversity of age and skills, whilst the third, Pavenham, has a higher percentage of retired people.
• For churches to develop deeper engagement in their communities
• To foster, encourage and sustain the spiritual health of church members
• Spiritual and numerical growth across age ranges
• Build closer links with schools and families
• Make full use of up to date methods of communication
• Find innovative ways of working as a benefice and not three individual churches
• Be open to change
• Increase the number of wardens and PCCs in all three churches
• Increase pastoral care in the villages
• To maintain compliance with safeguarding procedures
We seek someone who will
All recruitment will take place in accordance with Safer Recruitment protocols and an enhanced DBS check will be carried out.
In return we offer
Please note that in order to apply you will need to contact the Archdeacon's office below to receive and application pack: applications will not be accepted if submitted via the Pathways Platform
For further information, please contact the Archdeacon of Bedford firstname.lastname@example.org or 01727 818 167
Closing date for applications: Noon 25th May 2023
Interview date: 15th June 2023