The Patrons of the benefice of Cuckfield and Bolney seek to appoint a new Incumbent.
Cuckfield and Bolney are two adjacent communities at the centre of the Diocese of Chichester, in the Deanery of Cuckfield an in the heart of Mid Sussex. They are flourishing residential communities with good access to local and regional resources.
The primary focus of this post will be the Parish of Holy Trinity, Cuckfield with a House for Duty Associate Priest living and providing pastoral ministry in the Parish of St Mary Magdalene, Bolney.
We are praying for someone who can lead us forward in mission because they are:
- a prayerful, loving, secure pastor who is renewed and energised by their own walk with Christ to nurture a deeper maturity of faith in us;
- gifted in preaching and teaching;
- sensitive to the central Eucharistic worship of both parishes while leading and developing a diverse range of styles of worship;
- a priest with demonstrable success as a leader in mission to children and their parents, including school ministry;
- a priest with the skills in team leadership to encourage, grow and equip lay people as leaders and ministers.
The Diocese of Chichester almost exactly covers the counties of East and West Sussex and the City of Brighton and Hove, stretching for nearly a hundred miles (160km) along the south coast of England.
It was founded in 681 by St Wilfrid who converted the Kingdom of the South Saxons and established the first cathedral (a building which no longer exists) at Selsey.
In 1075 a new Cathedral was begun a few miles away at Chichester. Chichester Cathedral has its own website which can be reached by clicking here.
Bishop Martin is the 77th Bishop of Chichester and 103rd Bishop of the diocese. The coat of arms used by bishops of the diocese first appeared in the thirteenth century.