If you have a passion for rural ministry, can help dedicated and hard-working congregations to reach out to their local communities and inspire parishioners to make the most of their buildings and resources, putting them at the centre of their communities, then Walbury Beacon could be for you.
Situated in beautiful Berkshire countryside, this benefice of 6 parishes has taken a year out, following an interim appointment, to review its structure and the way it will do ministry with a view to being better equipped to serve God and the people around them and to allow each of the churches to flourish in their own identity and to work better together as a benefice.
An exciting opportunity to live and serve in an area of outstanding natural beauty at a time when we are refocusing and re-equipping ourselves for the future.
We are looking to appoint a HfD Associate Minister to support and resource three of our smaller parishes.
If you have a passion for rural ministry and can help us engage with our local communities, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact the Revd Canon Liz Jackson, Associate Archdeacon of Berkshire. Email: email@example.com or 07394 952596.
Closing date: 12th February 2023
Interview date: 1st March 2023
All appointments are subject to acceptable pre-appointment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check.
Given that this is a House-for-Duty Post with a time commitment of two days per week plus Sundays, we recognize that our Minister’s time on church matters is limited. However, there are certain personal attributes that we would value in our Priest:
• At the centre of their being there would be a pastoral heart and they would therefore place at the core of their ministry the care of people
• They would be comfortable with country life and traditional worship but would be able to recognize the need for change where it was appropriate and achieve it by evolution rather than revolution
• They could express in their life and teaching the reason for their Christian faith particularly to those who have difficulty with Christian belief
• They would lead worship and provide spiritual support in discipleship
• They may well have had long experience in their ministry and perhaps outside it and would now welcome the opportunities that a House-for-Duty affords.
• They are keen to work collaboratively with the Rector and other members of the Ministry Team in building stronger, supportive links between the parishes by, for example, sharing resources and holding benefice services, whilst retaining and developing the unique opportunities for mission and ministry in the Southern Group of churches.
For more details please see the Parish Profile below.