Vicar of Rawdon - 0.5 post - (Sunday plus 3 days)
This role has become vacant due to the retirement of the previous postholder.
The parish of St Peter's Rawdon, is located in a 5 miles from the centre of Leeds City Centre.
Please read the parish brochure found here for further information regarding the parish and wider community.
The full role description and person specification can be found here
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please contact Paul Ayers Archdeacon of Leeds email@example.com
Closing date: 20/2/23
Interview date: 8/3/23
We are seeking a vicar who is approachable, hospitable, and dedicated to the calling through following word and sacrament and who will:
- Enable the congregation to move forward both spiritually and pastorally.
- Promote a variety of styles and forms of worship, building on what we have whilst opening up to those who prefer a less formal liturgy;
- Engage with families and young people, making all aware of the church and what it has to offer, encouraging them to explore faith and Christian values.
- Encourage diversity and provide a warm welcome
- Build all close links with Rawdon’s schools and take an active part in the life of the Church school.
- Become a familiar, friendly, respected and trusted presence in the Rawdon parish;
- Work effectively with the Lay Reader and the two retired clergy parishioners, encouraging and harnessing their enthusiasm and considerable capabilities;
- Appreciate the place of music, both traditional and modern and ensure music is at the heart of worship;
- Be a good communicator and effective people manager with an outgoing, enthusiastic personality and a sense of humour.