Is God calling you to be our Team Vicar with special responsibility for St John the Divine, part of the Richmond Team Ministry, a parish of three Anglican churches with a vibrant worshipping and community life?
St John the Divine is a liberal catholic and welcoming community of faith, dedicated to helping people explore the reality of God in Christ faithfully and honestly. This is a full-time incumbent-status post. Accommodation is provided by the Diocese, a four-bedroom Edwardian vicarage in Richmond.
Closing date for applications: midnight on31 January 2023
Parish Visit for shortlisted candidates: 25 February 2023
Interviews: 1 March 2023
We welcome all applicants, in particular those that are currently under-represented in our clergy. This includes, but is not limited to, UKME candidates and candidates with disabilities.
We have a policy in Southwark Diocese that to be appointed to an incumbent status post, a priest must have served a title post in an Anglican church in the British Isles.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure
● to nurture spiritual growth and to develop the liturgical and prayer life
● to develop and extend work with children and young people
● to ensure that pastoral needs are met, particularly at St John the Divine but also in the wider Team and neighbourhood
● to honour and strengthen the tradition of lay involvement at St John the Divine, especially by encouraging people to explore their gifts
● to take home communion to congregation who are long-term sick
● to deliver sermons that unfold the scriptures and are grounded in daily life
● to develop the mission of St John the Divine to be at the heart of the local community and beyond, seeking out new links, opportunities and initiatives
● to help the Team (partly by using the strategic location of St John the Divine) to extend its engagement with the public and community life of Richmond, in particular: SPEAR homelessness charity (our neighbours) and Richmond Soup Kitchen
We are looking for a priest who:
● rooted in the liberal catholic tradition of Anglican worship, celebrating the mystery of faith.
● family friendly, having a good rapport with children and young people and enthusiastic about the contribution they can make to the life of the church
● imaginative in reaching out to people, making the most of opportunities and able to attract new worshippers
● clear and inspiring as a communicator of the Gospel of the love of God
● committed to developing the faith of people of all ages and stages of life
● warm and wise in pastoral care
● willing to laugh and, sometimes, cry with us
● glad to be part of a team and enthusiastic to take on Teamwide responsibilities
● capable of sensitive but decisive leadership
● able to help shape a vision and work consistently towards it
● joyfully committed to being in a parish that supports Inclusive Church
We are an inclusive, openminded and expectant congregation, which includes loyal worshippers, (some of very long standing), who are willing to embrace exploration and change whilst cherishing the best of their catholic liturgy and heritage.
As well as friendliness, collaboration and commitment to the gospel, we offer a four-bedroom Edwardian vicarage in an attractive area with good local schools and excellent transport links.
Have a look at our video -