The parish of Bilton is situated in the attractive and vibrant town of Harrogate in beautiful North Yorkshire. We are looking for a team vicar to join us on our journey of faith as we seek to grow in love and service of God, of each other and of our neighbours. We have a particular desire to plant new worshipping communities in North Harrogate.
The successful candidate will:
An open, supportive and loving church family; a great team of ordained and lay leaders willing to try new things; excellent administrative support; and an attractive 4-bedroom house
For a conversation about the post, contact Rev. Simon Dowson, Rector, St John’s & St Luke’s 07786 282214 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date - Sunday 11th December
Shortlisting Meeting - Monday 19th December
Interview Day - Wednesday 18th January
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate proven competency and experience in the following areas:
• Leadership of, or a significant leadership role in, a growing church.
• Participation in (and ideally leadership of) some form of church planting/Fresh Expression of church.
• Building community, not least through relationships of trust, within and/or beyond the church.
• Investing in lay ministry, including the strategic building and facilitating of teams.
• Equipping and enabling children, young people and adults to play their part in the mission and ministry of the church.
• Discipling others, following the principle of ‘investing in the few for the sake of the many’.
• Collaborative working, including appropriate delegation of responsibility while facilitating oversight, reflection and review
• Effective conflict management.
• Working inter-generationally
The Diocese of Leeds
The Diocese of Leeds was formed at Easter 2014. It is one of the largest dioceses in the country covering an area of around 2,425 square miles, and a growing population of around 2,642,400 people. The diocese comprises five Episcopal areas, each served by a suffragan (area) bishop. Each Episcopal Area is coterminous with an Archdeaconry.
The Diocesan Vision, informed by the values of ‘loving, living, learning’ is: ‘confident Christians, growing churches, transforming communities and so helping share the Good News of Jesus Christ across our Diocese’. This Vision is embedded into the Diocesan Strategy and Goals and expressed in meaningful ways across the episcopal areas.
The Diocese is a blend of urban and rural in all their diversity. This includes the major cities of Bradford, Leeds and Wakefield; the large industrial and post-industrial towns of Halifax, Huddersfield and Dewsbury; the market towns of Harrogate, Skipton, Ripon (classed as a small city), Richmond and Wetherby; and the deeply rural area of the Yorkshire Dales. It covers several civic and parliamentary boundaries.
The Diocese is unique in having three cathedrals; Bradford, Ripon and Wakefield. The Deans of the Cathedrals work together and continue to look to fresh ways of sharing ideas and engaging in projects of mutual interest.