Posted 13 days agoExpires in 3 days
St Paul’s draws together a very diverse set of activities, projections and aspirations. It is the Cathedral of the Diocese of London and the seat of its Bishop, a national church and an international spiritual focus, a space for worship and holiness, a place of debate and challenge, an icon of resilience in the face of adversity, an architectural heritage centre, a partner in the City of London, and a commercial enterprise. In addition to holding four services every day (five on Sundays), St Paul’s is open for sight-seeing six days a week, and last year welcomed over 800,000 paying visitors.
St Paul’s Cathedral are seeking to recruit a Cleaner within the Works Department, to assist in the cleaning and general presentation of the Cathedral, the Chapter House and other premises to an excellent standard.
Under the direction of the Cleaning Supervisor:
- to undertake manual cleaning tasks in St Paul’s Cathedral and associated premises
- after relevant training, and with appropriate safety equipment, to undertake cleaning tasks at high level in the interior of the Cathedral, e.g. the Whispering Gallery
- as required, to assist with the moving of chairs and furniture
- Undertaking safety and other training as may be determined by the Clerk of the Works.
Any other appropriate duties that the line manager, senior management or Chapter may request from time-to-time.
- Be physically fit and active (e.g. able to climb the many staircases in the Cathedral, including the 500+ steps up to the Galleries), carry & operate the necessary equipment
- Be willing to undertake a variety of cleaning activities including after suitable training the use of appropriate chemicals and mechanised equipment
- Be practical and show common sense with adaptability
- Have a courteous manner towards the public and all members of the cathedral community
- Will after training have a good appreciation of Health and Safety requirements and be willing to comply with these
The successful candidate will understand, and in their work support, the Christian aims and mission of St Paul’s Cathedral.
- St Paul’s Cathedral seeks to enable people in all their diversity to encounter the transforming presence of God in Jesus Christ.
- As a community of worshippers, staff and volunteers we work with care and imagination to be a centre for welcome, worship and learning which inspires successive generations to engage with the richness of the Christian faith and its heritage.
- We aim to do this with confidence, compassion and creativity, promoting dignity and justice for everyone.
- We work with the Bishop and Diocese of London and the wider church, as a spiritual focus for London, the nation and the world.
- Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control;
- To uphold integrity, honesty and openness in what we do;
- To aim for the highest possible standards in everything we do, acknowledging that we cannot do everything;
- To make our operations as just and as sustainable as we can;
- To foster and encourage diversity, being inclusive and challenging to ourselves as well as others.