“The Northern Young Leaders Project is an exciting internship. We are looking for six young adults from the UK (aged 18-30) interested in exploring their calling and vocation, through a year volunteering in churches, parishes and pioneer projects across Cumbria. You will join with interns from across the world who come as missionaries to Cumbria. The internship begins at the end of August 2023, running for 11 months.
This is part of the national Church of England Ministry Experience Scheme in the Diocese of Carlisle, it’s FREE to join and offers you:
• Experience in parish ministry and community engagement
• Experience of pioneering mission and fresh expression
• Ten days induction, theological and cross cultural training hosted by the Norwegian Mission Society in Norway
• Six day debrief with the Norwegian Mission Society in Spain (flights, food and accommodation for both trips are on us)
• Discipleship in church leadership and missional living
• Opportunity to engage with interns who are serving in Cumbria from around the world
• Teaching in theology and mission
• Engagement and input with the vocations team within Carlisle Diocese.
• Full board and living allowance - and much more!
We are delighted that The Northern Young Leaders Project is in partnership with the Norwegian Mission Society, the Northern Mission Centre and with Emmanuel Theological College.
The Norwegian Mission Society are an historic mission agency with close ties to us here in Cumbria, they are experts in cross cultural mission. The Northern Mission Centre is trail blazing a pioneering approach to mission in the North. Emmanuel Theological College has as its goal to form Christ-centred, hope-filled, and mission-orientated lay-leaders, deacons, and priests.
Are you wondering what God is calling you to? Come and be part of the adventure. This year offers a wide ranging breadth of experience from ourselves and our partners in mission. It promises to be a unique chance to explore the future that God has for you.
If you want to find out more, or to apply please visit: nylp.co.uk